Thoughts on predator XL

GAbuckhunter88

I have found a predator XL at a very good deal but do not know much about this kayak as I have been mainly looking at Jacksons and Vibes. It doesn't come with the trolling motor just the exo console. Any thoughts or opinions? My use will be a mix of river,lake and coastal fishing. Being as heavy as it is does it paddle well or will it be a tank that doesn't want to move?

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
outstanding kayak. it was designed by a member here, Randy. you won't go wrong with it, especially if you found a good deal.

jcarleto

My wife and I bought a pair of them. They work well for us in rivers and lakes. They track well and are remarkably stable. I will say, like other long-ish kayaks, they don't turn on a dime and are therefore not great in class 2 or above water if there isn't much maneuvering space. Although, for lakes and rivers it is tracking that matters more than turning. They are plenty maneuverable enough for big water. I would not hesitate to take it in the ocean on a calm day.

dmkahlan

It's an outstanding kayak. I just sold mine to get the PDL. Same hull design but with the pedal drive system. It's the third Predator I've had (P-13, XL w/ MK, PDL)

Coenen

In my mind, it's highly unlikely that you'll be disappointed with any of the Yaks you listed.

Try 'em all if you can, but if you really are getting a screaming deal on the Predator(assuming it's in good shape), I don't think you'd be wrong to just to go for it. Worst case, you could probably re-sell and get your money back out of it, or trade for a different boat.