June 9th GKF Gulf of Mexico Camp N Paddle (Fort Pickens)

HydraYak

June 9th Georgia Kayak Fishing is heading down to the Gulf of Mexico for a Camp N Paddle @ Fort Pickens

Offshore kayak fishing, Inshore kayak fishing, surf and pier fishing... and camping with GKF!

Reserve your site and join us in Florida June 9th-11th!

https://www.facebook.com/events/241001732972739/

HydraYak

The Ft Pickens campsite is a nice one for a camper! Spacious and flat.

GKF has 3 sites reserved, and there are 3 others reserved by GKF members. Each site allows up to 8 people.

Looking forward to it! Should be just as much fun as the tybee trip but we'll catch a lot more fish!

Geffellz18

Man, that's paddling back home for me! I'll be down that way but in PCB with the family starting that weekend. I'm just missing out on these awesome trips. I'm gonna make one of these work out one of these days though. Seem to be a bunch of really good folks!

Agreed on catching more fish too. Should be snapper season too at that time. Good keeper size ones can be found in the bay and on the wreck just out of the pass. Grouper too. Definitely Spanish & kings should be thick. Maybe some long still lingering but usually June is too late for them.

HydraYak

This is the next one up for GKF! Should be a good one as offshore kayak fishing in this area is a blast!

We've got 5 campsites booked and more to be booked... so if you plan on going book a site or contact GKF for availability. 25 anglers confirmed so far.

HydraYak

Can't wait!

I am finishing up my DIY bait tank/livewell and hooking up my fishfinder/GPS this weekend.

Awesome!

Did you book your own site or are you staying in the GKF sites? We have 3 sites booked. Room for 24. We're at about 15 now so we have plenty of room.

Also... if you want the GPS file to download public reef locations in Florida i've posted it on this page - http://www.hydrayak.com/gps/

It's the "Florida Reefs.kmz file" link

mdgreco191

Awesome!

Did you book your own site or are you staying in the GKF sites? We have 3 sites booked. Room for 24. We're at about 15 now so we have plenty of room.

Also... if you want the GPS file to download public reef locations in Florida i've posted it on this page - http://www.hydrayak.com/gps/

It's the "Florida Reefs.kmz file" link

I booked my own site so I can bring my travel trailer. I won't be getting there until Friday night though. I'll be ready to fish Saturday morning!:cool:

HydraYak

Update on the Fort Pickens trip coming up the weekend of June 9th.

The campsites are all booked up. But GKF has room in the 3 sites that the club pre booked.

So if you missed out on booking a campsite, message me for availability.

mdgreco191

This trip was my first time offshore and what a great trip it was! All the GKF guys are very open and willing to share fishing info and stories. We had a great time on the water and at camp. Plus we ate some really good food as well!

Being a total newbie to this I figured I would be doing a lot of just watching and learning this time out. However, with the help of Tim and Hydrayak I boated a nice sized Spanish and another smaller one! Thanks guys!

I am totally hooked and want to get back out in the Gulf as soon as possible. I am contemplating another weekend trip to see if I can get hooked up with a King!:banana:

zacherwalker

I was down in Pensacola this weekend enjoying the sun.. just curious how far offshore did you guys typically go there?

HydraYak

Video from the trip!

mdgreco191

Awesome video. I am glad you got me holding out the Spanish Mackerel.

Like an idiot I accidentally set my go pro to taking pictures every few seconds! So, when I went to look at it I had thousands of pictures instead of video.facepalm: