SURPRISE CATCH while crappie fishing...

We had an unbelievable day on the water yesterday crappie fishing. I couldnt believe a bass that big would eat a small crappie jig. My buddy said he has caught one over 7 doing it as well.

Teh Wicked

Caught a 6lb LM in a pond with a Bobby Garland Dock Shooter in the Electric Chicken color...She tapped it like a crappie does to, small little tick on the line when it was falling and I set the hook on what felt like a stump. After several cranks she got boat side and realized she was hooked and then all CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored broke loose. Few minutes later I landed the fish, she was over 21" and over 6lb.

Ironically...That is my personal best bass ever caught on rod/reel, I landed a significantly larger LM back in WV out of a small local pond, she was in the 10+ range, but I was alone, no way to preserve the catch and no way to keep her alive to preserve it, so she went back without so much as a photo. Caught that one on a pink floating worm.

mpwarrak

I think I've caught more bass on crappie jigs than crappie... I must be fishing the wrong places. Cool video.

Bighog11

I couldn't agree with y'all more ever since I started jig fishing for crappie I've changed my perspective on what big bass want to eat!!!

SlowMotion

I catch the small (8-12") LM in our neighborhood pond using a 2" straight tail grub on a 1/16th oz jig head. Ive tried other "bass" lures without any luck.