The excitement fades

DYI hunting

Roughly 950 pictures and 120 pounds of corn ate up in 2 weeks. Food plots are getting hit hard too. Super excited I rushed home to check the pictures. I have 1 fawn, 7 to 9 does, and a yearling spike on camera. That's it except for a few squirrels and coons. My wife wanted to know who died.:whip:

I really hope they shift out of the summer ranges soon. Looks like I'll only be racking a couple does for bow season.

Jim Boyd

Keep trying

Stick the cam on a trail leading to the plot.

50 yards off field.

They are there !

These pics were taken about 2 hours after I changed the cam card.... wearing sweaty stinky clothes and flip flops for shoes.

Where??

Main trail leading to plot.

Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 2,843
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 2,103

Jim Boyd

PS - the good news?

They were at 22 yards from the stand when this set of pics was taken.

Keep trying.

Never give up.

Good luck!!!!!!

transfixer

the last couple times I've been to my lease I moved my cameras around, to different areas, I had been getting mostly does and yearlings, this last time, got a half dozen bucks 6pt and up,, biggest one being a 10pt still in velvet, move your camera.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
They will show up just give it time. Like I tell folks keep the does in the area and the bucks will show up.

j_seph

First year we had our club I had pics of the same 5 deer all summer. Opening evening like clock work here came those 5 deer. I thought, well I have seen all the deer that I had on camera. In about 40 minutes I heard something and here came a bachelor group of 6 bucks behind me, one being the biggest I have seen on stand in GA. Of course I missed him however they were going behind camera and crossing to field 50 yards beyond it. Don't believe everything you see on camera.

Nugefan

this from your new area ???

Rick Alexander

My biggest buck ever

I killed on a clear cut that was just covered up with cameras around the perimeter. We had several nice looking bucks coming to that CC but never once had a picture of the buck I took one day after taking the largest doe in my lifetime. I actually think that buck was right behind the doe I killed the evening before because I saw something big take off when I shot her right at the end of legal light. You just never know. The buck was a very mature 8 point with a 22 inch inside spread but looked like a midget compared to that doe from the night before body wise.

M77 Ruger

I just had the same problem. I got a new lease in summer town ga and left the camera out for 2 months and had a few does, 2 fawns and one spike.

crasm1

The bucks are craving Protien right now, so with the 120 lbs of corn. The Bucks are out eating Natural Forage with protien. It will mostly attract the does and fawns. We put protien in our troughs from May 1 to Sept 1. Once the Protien is in we get about 95 % pictures of Bucks. You will see 4 bucks with their heads in trough and the does in he back not able to get in there.

Last edited:

DYI hunting

Nope Nugefan, this is my old area behind the house.

I'm pulling the cameras this evening and if there aren't any pictures I'm giving up on early season hunting there and just stick with the 50 acre lease. Seems I see less and less bucks every year. Neighbors seem to shoot anything with horn showing.

M77 Ruger

Nope Nugefan, this is my old area behind the house.

I'm pulling the cameras this evening and if there aren't any pictures I'm giving up on early season hunting there and just stick with the 50 acre lease. Seems I see less and less bucks every year. Neighbors seem to shoot anything with horn showing.

I feel you pain. Good luck!

DYI hunting

I spend weeks planting 2 quarter acre plots this year by ATV and manual labor. Those does are all going to end up on my hit list if they eat all my food plots.

Shep23

U put enough camera's out they don't lie u got what u got the rut might bring u someone's else deer in

DYI hunting

No joy on the last week's pictures. Best buck was a 4 pointer. I've got one camera still out but I won't pull that card till opening morning.

M77 Ruger

U put enough camera's out they don't lie u got what u got the rut might bring u someone's else deer in[/QUOTE/]
This is exactly my thinking when you have 6 cameras out and only get a few pictures. It is a let down for sure when you spend all the time and money to get plots ready and feeders to not really have anything to show for it

Baracus

I agree with moving the cameras around. There are bucks around. I did the same thing as mentioned above a few times around the summer. My best spot was a trail that left the hardwoods and went through a thicket into a field. I got some studs coming in and out of the field. Never got them around the plots or mineral blocks.

tc2015

The summer bachelor groups of bucks are only a few weeks away from breaking up. I wouldn't put to much stock in late August.