Good deal on wireless camera

shdw633

shdw633

You checked their coverage map lately? Their ain't many places in Georgia that isn't covered by them.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Good Lord what you guys spend on game cams! I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I put something that expensive in the woods to possibly get stolen.

GottaGetOutdoors

Good Lord what you guys spend on game cams! I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I put something that expensive in the woods to possibly get stolen.

I take it you don't own guns, bow, truck, ATV, treestands, camo clothes, gps, and a closet full of hunting gear? Because those could be stolen. :)

The cameras have helped catch poachers and trespassers. So maybe they helped prevent future thefts. Who knows. But I enjoy using cellular trail cams and I budget for them.

Last Minute

ATT coverage is spotty in Wilkes County. Even Verizon has several large dead spots around the county.

It's the same way in Talbot .To make sure my cams were getting service I picked up a directional antenna and went on the Verizon website and found where the closest Verizon towers are located and pointed my antenna their way. I went from1 bar of service to 3.

kbuck1

You can have a great 4g signal and have a poor 3g signal. Its my understanding the newer towers are only 4g. This camera doesn't operate on 4g. I have a reconyx cell camera that is the Verizon version because everywhere i hunt i have good Verizon cell service. But, come to find out the areas dont have a good 3g signal so i had to add a directional antenna. I got the bushnell camera thats att and haven't had that issue

For the record, id say the bushnell is as good as the reconyx with only difference being the reconyx has better options for settings

Gumpbuck

gotta add that I just deployed one of these. Signal is fine, but big delays in the pic uploading, many pics not triggering and night time pics are too dark. It's going back. Not spending the money to have bad pics. '
I'm sad about it. I have several other Bushnells that work awesome!

Possum

Banned
ATT coverage is spotty in Wilkes County. Even Verizon has several large dead spots around the county.

I've got two bushnell wireless cams in Wilkes county. Their map shows no coverage but mine have no problems sending pics. I have a Verizon cell phone so the only time I don't get pictures from my cams is when I'm on the land in Wilkes because my phone cant receive them.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
3g will be phased out about 3 yrs from now. My 3g cams don't work near as good this year.

shdw633

gotta add that I just deployed one of these. Signal is fine, but big delays in the pic uploading, many pics not triggering and night time pics are too dark. It's going back. Not spending the money to have bad pics. '
I'm sad about it. I have several other Bushnells that work awesome!

Change your camera settings. I had the same issue and changed one of the setting from high to medium and the pics at night were real good.

Also check and see if there is a setting as to when the phone will send the pics. I know Moultrie has that setting so that you can get your pics throughout the day or all at one time. I am not sure if my Bushnell does the same thing as they send rather quickly on mine.

Attachments

• THUMB_100EK113-EK000278.JPG
    THUMB_100EK113-EK000278.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,043

DavidW

I'm having a hard time getting my Bushnell to pick up a signal in the woods, even here in Cherokee county. It has to be in an open field to connect via gps. Keeps giving me the modem failed to connect message. Any ideas?

shdw633

I'm having a hard time getting my Bushnell to pick up a signal in the woods, even here in Cherokee county. It has to be in an open field to connect via gps. Keeps giving me the modem failed to connect message. Any ideas?

Have you checked to see that you have the latest updates? May need a firmware update. Just a thought.

shdw633

How much is the cell plan to support this cam?

Depending on the number of pics you want to get per month, they start at $10 per month for $1500 pics. wirelesstrophy.com has their price plans

shdw633

That's another reason I went with Spartan. It is $5/mo to share my existing Verizon phone data plan.

True, but the cameras are nearly $200 more which would take nearly 40 months just to break even.