My last hurrah at St Marks

doomtrpr_z71

Due to a career change I am moving to Missouri in a rather short period of time, so I had to fit in a last fishing trip to the flats. So a college buddy of mine and a colleague of mine decided that we would take a trip to St Marks 4/6-7, coincidentally where my colleague took his wife on there first date. The trip started off simply enough :

It was a beautiful afternoon, even if it was a bit of a late start

And we did find fish in the rock garden in 3-3.5 ft of water, pink shine and white chartreuse tailed shrimp were the ticket with few shorts to be found

We didn't load the boat but 3 nice trout in a short period of time was worth leaving work early for and we decided to head in before dark due to the amount of crap traps we had seen going out. But this is never a good sign

Unfortunately, the issue from my last day trip with my boat was not corrected and we had a bilge full of water and had to go in slowly and I had to ponder what to do with my boat

Regardless, we made it back fine, just made for a later supper at Riverside Cafe

vMuch to my colleague's distress we were already planning on going back out the next morning and we made our way to the new TRU hotel in Tallahassee.
The next morning was a bit rough but we got our gameplan together

We fished until 11 and called it after looking at the radar, we managed a few more trout near the lighthouse with the same lures and made a ton of memories. We even figured out the boat issue when taking the boat out.

It was also decided that this would be an annual 3 day affair going forward dubbed "The Annual SS Minnow Classic" while grabbing lunch

If youre just here for the fishing report, pink or white/chart shrimp, 3-3.5ft of water, water temp was 70-71F.

Big7

The Oracle
Man. That SUCKS!

I know you have to move sometimes for various
reasons. But to leave saltwater for Missouri would take a PILE
of money to get me to go.

I'm trying real hard to get back to Clearwater.

Never will come back except weddings and funerals.

Glad ya'll had a fun trip. Still sucks to have to
leave that little slice of Heaven.

doomtrpr_z71

I'm not looking forward to leaving nor is my wife who's staying behind until she can find a job. It's triple what I make now so I'm just going to have to deal with it, but there's a substantial possibility that I will be back working in ga after a year or so. It just ruins my weekend day trips to the flats though.

Latest posts