Christimas music effects on deer?

DYI hunting

Well that's different. My neighbor has his side-by-side parked in the middle of woods probably 150 yards from me blasting Christmas and Christian music. I wonder if the deer will ignore it since it is Sunday. Maybe he's trying to run bedded deer out of the thickets?

Philbow

He is trying to attract reindeer. Rudolf is on his hit list.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Do you figure he is trying to mess up hunters??

DYI hunting

He road around his old logging roads with the music blaring for probaby 2 hours stopping occasionally for 10 or 20 minutes. Odd for sure.

nmurph

Well, I know at least nine deer that are pretty fond of it. If he continues in you are sure that he is trying to impede your ability to hunt, you might have a talk and showing the regulation where it is illegal to deliberately interfere with lawful hunting GC. 27-3-151

Last edited:

BowanaLee

Might try talking to him. Ya never know. Its kinda hit or miss though ?
I had a neighbors 2 dogs messing with me today. Hit my trail and followed me in. Needless to say I didn't see much.
I stopped by and was petting the dogs as I talked to him. It was hard but I was nice and he seemed to see it my way ? We'll see ? :huh:

garveywallbanger

About 10 years ago on a Georgia WMA I was hunting/camping on a check in hunt. I hunted one of my favorite spots and about 8am for the 3 days I was there someone pulled in to a location about 500 yards from me and was playing some trippy Indian- (dot . not feather) Sitar music . each morning both of us harvested deer until we tagged out. Deer are curious critters.

DYI hunting

He's not an anti-hunter. He doesn't hunt but has a 16 year old that does. His property was clear cut about 10 years ago so it's pretty thick. I almost wonder if he was trying to drive deer out of their beds in the thick stuff.

Rich M

I once shot a deer while a farmer was playing Rudolph the red nose reindeer back by his barn. My wife thought it was hilarious.

Duff

You should be fine with the Christmas music. Now, if it was rap music, well...........that would scare anything away.

deast1988

I saw an episode of Real Tree road trip where the neighbor had it blasting in Kansas during the Rut. Something like a rock concert set up they could see from th stand. A monster was in area an neighbor wanted everyone to stay away. If I remember the story.

buckpasser

This guy is smart. I usually don't start with the Christmas music until gun season opens, but it really brings the rut on. The deer believe they are well into December and their biological clocks try to correct. I hate that the cat's out of the bag now.

After the rut tapers off, I go ahead and play a tape of a turkey gobbling each morning to get them to shed antlers earlier as well.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
This guy is smart. I usually don't start with the Christmas music until gun season opens, but it really brings the rut on. The deer believe they are well into December and their biological clocks try to correct. I hate that the cat's out of the bag now.

After the rut tapers off, I go ahead and play a tape of a turkey gobbling each morning to get them to shed antlers earlier as well.

GENIUS!!:banana:

I gotta download me some tunes:cool:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If you've ever read The Education of Little Tree, then you know not to buy a calf from that feller.