Food plot is looking a little week

GWH

A mixture of wheat, turnips and clover. It looks like it needs a boost, in the absence of a soil test, what could I add to green it up before the rain this week?

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Something with Nitrogen in it ..... 19-19-19 fertilizer would do and you could try 50 - 100 lbs/acre and see what that does ..... or urea or amonium nitrate if you can find it.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
If you fertilized when you planted,it might just need some rain on it.Pics would help if possible.

GWH

Food plot

Thanks for the comments. I hit it Thursday morning with Ammonium Nitrate with a prediction of 50% rain. About all I have gotten is three mornings of heavy fog.

dtala

I usually put mine out either IN the rain, or IF the radar looks 100%, right before.

280bst

I don't know what you did or didn't do but I know a lot of folks put lime out[pelletized] when they plant when in reality they need to put it out 5/6 months before they plant which for a food plot would be May and for a garden would be end of Oct. In this part of the country you really can't put out too much lime it takes 1 ton on 1 acre to change it 1 point hope this might of helped