First for 2017!!!

Pointpuller

Found a swamp Chestnut dropping good last weekend and hung a loc on on it. First sit was this morning and I was wrapped up with deer from 7:45-9:45. Saw 5 does and 2 young bucks. They just wouldn't quite give it up. Finally had a shot through a tight window at about 15yds. Arrow didnt make it under a big vine and deflected down 1/2 way to the deer. Got back in my perch about 3pm and had a doe on me for what seemed like an eternity. After 2 misses this year I decided it was time to focus on a spot!!! haha
She finally got quartering away at a little under 20yds and I picked a spot and turned it loose. Entered about 2"behind ribs, exited about 3" behind offside armpit. 175 yd. blood trail. My dog is 13 years old and is struggling but his nose and drive is still great.
Predator dx hunter 49lbs, easton axis traditional with brass inserts and muzzy phantom 125's. Life is good!!
enhance

jekilpat

Congratulations! Sounds like an exciting day in the stand. I’ll bet that tree produces some more blood trails in the days to come.

Barebowyer

Well done Dave!!! Thanks for sharing..sounds like a great day!