Never say Goodbye Driveler #242.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
just picked up two 5 gallon buckets of pecans. surprised the squirrels haven't eaten them all.

Baked with salt and butta !!! Mmmmmmmmmm !!!

Got that right! :fine:

Good Morning and Happy Sunday to you Gobblin and to the rest of the sleeping Driveler Nation this morning.

Every year around December 1st, I purchase some of the best pecans ever and give them to my best customers, closest relatives, and really close friends in Texas. They turned out to look like these and they taste so good that your tongue will slap your face while eating them. This is a local business in Augusta and I watched them pack all of these exactly like I wanted before being shipped etc.

The good news is that this includes Milk Chocolate Amaretto pecans, Milk Chocolate Grand Marnier pecans, regular Milk Chocolate pecans, Roasted and Salted pecans, and in the center, is Cinnamon coated pecans.

I'll admit that these are not cheap by any means but I have been doing this each year for the past 35 plus years now. This year set me back $563.00 total including shipping several of these to various states. In the long run, it pays me back very nicely though. Of course, these beautiful containers (with various Christmas scenes) that they are packaged in are awesome as well and can be used for many more years in storing various items.

I also bought another $120 or so of raw shelled (packaged in 1 lb. bags) this season pecan halves from Cook's Pecan Company located in Davisboro, Georgia (Phone: 478-348-6550) and they have been awesome as well. Most of these have been for my use and also some close relatives as well. Some of these are also in my freezer at -20 F and they will still be fresh all year long too. Their pecans and their personnel are great and they were just about 1/2 price of what other Pecan Companies wanted.

***(UPDATED FOR MORE DETAILS) FOR THE CONTAINERS BELOW ETC, I have been buying them from the Greene Family (which is a family owned business and was originally was called, PECAN'S UNLIMITED FOR OVER 35 YEARS. They also ship these for me direct to my customers etc. They ONLY operate the AUGUSTA business location from around November 1st until they sell, package and ship everything which is about December 15th - 18th each year. Their Son also has another location in Decatur, Georgia and it is also called GREENE'S FINE FOODS and I have visited and purchased from that location back about 5 years or so ago as well. That location does have lots of other food, candy, items etc as well. If you call them, they will be glad to mail out their brochure with all of their goods listed etc too.

GREENE'S FINE FOODS
1794 CENTRAL AVE.
AUGUSTA, GA 30909
PHONE: 706-736-1800

And YES, I have eaten some out of this last 2 lb. container meant for me too !!!!!

Attachments

• PECANS    1-21-18 002.jpg
    PECANS 1-21-18 002.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 17
  • PECAN INFO     1-21-18 004.jpg
    PECAN INFO 1-21-18 004.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Good morning all, looooong boring night.

How bout a link to order some of those nuts Sockbro ??

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
EE, dang nice looking nuts

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
quack, almost shorts weather out there

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
EE, dang nice looking nuts

As I said earlier, they are not cheap BUT neither are really "Close Friends" either.

These are some of the very best tasting pecans that I have had for sure. These containers add a fantastic flavor to a Christmas gathering and meal etc too. The different "flavors" of pecan coatings etc are awesome and you can mix and match whatever flavors that you want in any order too.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
quack, almost shorts weather out there

Not according to D3 and Miggie . .

As I said earlier, they are not cheap BUT neither are really "Close Friends" either.

These are some of the very best tasting pecans that I have had for sure. These containers add a fantastic flavor to a Christmas gathering and meal etc too. The different "flavors" of pecan coatings etc are awesome and you can mix and match whatever flavors that you want in any order too.

I'll send you my addy and you can send Dawn some of your nuts for Christmas !!! :banana:

Good Morning and Happy Sunday to you Gobblin and to the rest of the sleeping Driveler Nation this morning.

Every year around December 1st, I purchase some of the best pecans ever and give them to my best customers, closest relatives, and really close friends in Texas. They turned out to look like these and they taste so good that your tongue will slap your face while eating them. This is a local business in Augusta and I watched them pack all of these exactly like I wanted before being shipped etc.

The good news is that this includes Milk Chocolate Amaretto pecans, Milk Chocolate Grand Marnier pecans, regular Milk Chocolate pecans, Roasted and Salted pecans, and in the center, is Cinnamon coated pecans.

I'll admit that these are not cheap by any means but I have been doing this each year for the past 35 plus years now. This year set me back $563.00 total including shipping several of these to various states. In the long run, it pays me back very nicely though. Of course, these beautiful containers (with various Christmas scenes) that they are packaged in are awesome as well and can be used for many more years in storing various items.

I also bought another $120 or so of raw shelled (packaged in 1 lb. bags) this season pecan halves from Cook's Pecan Company located in Davisboro, Georgia (Phone: 478-348-6550) and they have been awesome as well. Most of these have been for my use and also some close relatives as well. Some of these are also in my freezer at -20 F and they will still be fresh all year long too. Their pecans and their personnel are great and they were just about 1/2 price of what other Pecan Companies wanted.

***(UPDATED FOR MORE DETAILS) FOR THE CONTAINERS BELOW ETC, I have been buying them from the Greene Family (which is a family owned business and was originally was called, PECAN'S UNLIMITED FOR OVER 35 YEARS. They also ship these for me direct to my customers etc. They ONLY operate the AUGUSTA business location from around November 1st until they sell, package and ship everything which is about December 15th - 18th each year. Their Son also has another location in Decatur, Georgia and it is also called GREENE'S FINE FOODS and I have visited and purchased from that location back about 5 years or so ago as well. That location does have lots of other food, candy, items etc as well. If you call them, they will be glad to mail out their brochure with all of their goods listed etc too.

GREENE'S FINE FOODS
1794 CENTRAL AVE.
AUGUSTA, GA 30909
PHONE: 706-736-1800

And YES, I have eaten some out of this last 2 lb. container meant for me too !!!!!

Thanks for the info bro !!! Will definitely place a early order. To be honest I think I could wipe out that tin real quick like !! Dawn get's her Christmas baking nuts from D'boro, 10 minutes from the MON.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Morni folks!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
wybro, eli, Chief. top of the morning gents

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
33° on the porch, but sure didn't feel that cold compared to what we've been having.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Temp is rising quick, already showing 42°.

Wycliff

Yep, supposed to be a nice one today. Probably be someone complaining about the heat before the end of the day facepalm:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Yep, supposed to be a nice one today. Probably be someone complaining about the heat before the end of the day facepalm:

:bounce: :bounce:

I wouldn't doubt it, but I don't plan on breakin a sweat today.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Need to get outside and piddle with some stuff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.