Georgia Arms ammo?

mbs0983

Has anyone ever used their ballistic tip bullets on deer? Was thinking about purchasing some but wanted to get some feedback first.

sloppydawg123

I have shot their 30-06 165gr in my Marlin and it shoots very well. Haven't taken a deer with it, and I don't know what caliber/grain you're looking at, but any decent round will a well placed shot will take down a white. Shot a doe yesterday with CoreLokt in 165gr yesterday and got a clean double lung pass though. Deer ran maybe 75-100yds, but the blood trail was great and it didn't hurt much meat.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I've used their ballistic tips on more deer than I can remember. Very pleased with them so I bought boxes for several calibers I had. Now I'm down to a bullet or two of those. They actually do more damage then I prefer but most every deer dropped dead. Watch out cause they go toward the backstrap or tenderloins on the otherside after impact just about everytime. Guess thats why they all drop. Never had a straight through shot yet always a pass through. I had my friends start using them too until they went up 33% on price. I stopped buying after the first big price hike and loading my own instead. Can't tell the difference in the change other than big savings on cost and convenience and also less upward deflection.
I also know mine come from one batch at a time.
So yes excellent bullets but too pricey to practice enough anymore to test figure out those upward deflections.

JWarren

Before I started reloading, 30yrs ago, I shot a pile of it...thousands of rounds...never had a single issue.

Barebowyer

Wonderful rounds...I have taken over 80 big game animals with their .280 Rem 150 gr and that is all I will shoot out of my rifle!!! The furthest I have had one go after impact is 30 yards but usually DRT.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I hate ballistic tips for deer hunting myself, but I have shot quite a bit of other types of Georgia Arms ammo over the years in various calibers, and it has always seemed to be top-notch quality to me.

Bowyer29

I bought .260 ammo from them, 80 rounds. Could never get them to group well. Pulled the bullets to reload with a different bullet/powder once I had that capability. One was loaded with round powder, one stick powder. I didn't like that and may have factored into erratic shots here and there.