arrow weight question.

oldfella1962

Okay, I don't have a scale but I am curious about my arrow weight. While it might not be 100 percent accurate, I sure would like an estimate in grains from you more experienced shooters. Here are the arrows I shoot:

POC 28" 11/32nd" diameter shafts spined for 40/45 pounds. 5" shield cut feathers, 125 grain points and regular pinch on plastic nocks with the raised tab aligned with the cock-feather. Might be Bohning I believe.

Ballpark figure, what would these arrows weigh?

AnAvidArcher

I have some sets with very similar numbers and I can tell you they weigh in the 425-475 range, with most of them being 450. Hope this helps.

oldfella1962

I have some sets with very similar numbers and I can tell you they weigh in the 425-475 range, with most of them being 450. Hope this helps.

Yes this helps a lot. Thanks!

sawtooth

I was gonna guess 450. But without knowing the actual weight of the shaft it's difficult to tell.

oldfella1962

I was gonna guess 450. But without knowing the actual weight of the shaft it's difficult to tell.

Port Orford cedar shafts - but yeah it could vary a bit.
Regardless I'm shooting around 10 grains per point since I shoot 38# and 36# at my draw length. I must say my arrows are plenty stable and my bows are quiet. Thanks for the info everyone.