Ossabaw Island hunt

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Unless you take your own boat, the ferry is $75. Food is what you take yourself. The island has absolutely nothing except a cooler for the deer and hogs, and showers.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
BTW, the $75 is per person. On the hog hunt I was there a guy forgot his gun in the truck, he called the ferry and asked if he would come get him to get his gun,he was told it would be another $75. So don't forget nothing.

GA_SPORSTMAN

Ok thank you I thought I would get to go this year but the way it looks it will be next year.If I get the motor on the boat I will take mine .There should be room for a couple more people and gear also.

ehunt

Got drawn for the December hunt. What's new on the island that will be different from 4-5 yrs ago! Is the still power to charge cell phones? Kilkenny still running people over there? Man I'm fired up more about returning than opening day this year!

DCarter001

We're getting excited around our house too. Also got drawn for the December hunt. First time in 7 years for our group.

My three teenage boys, my father and I are headed to Ossabaw for the either sex deer hunt 11/11/2015. We hope to get some Deer and Hogs. We have never hunted hogs or even seen a hog in the wild so that is all new to us we live and hunt near Athens so this will be quite the adventure I am so excited about it.

2 of my 3 boys have not killed a deer yet so I am hoping to get them their first deer, and hogs have always interested all of us so we are all excited about that opportunity as well.

Thanks

Scott

Last edited:
I'm also from N Ga (Dalton) and will be on that hunt. Hope to meet y'all there, and that you have a great trip!

trhankinson

I also got drawn for the November 12th hunt. I'll be there with my brother(long haired fellow) and my southern turned yankee soon to be southern buddy Daniel. We're heading over tuesday afternoon so stop on in and say hello

trhankinson

Made it over Tuesday AM. we're 10th in line and got the areas we wanted. As of safety meeting tonight, there were only 48 hunters checked in

JonathonJEB

It was a great hunt. I enjoyed hanging out with everybody down there, and looking forward to the next hunt.

I was the new Ossawbaw hunter that everyone was willing to give advice to. My 3 boys, father and I had a great time, the other hunters were awesome people the kind of people that you would like to be friends with even after the hunt, you couldn't ask for better people. we didn't kill any thing in our group. we had some opportunities but in the end the coolers were nice and light carrying home. (not how I planned ) but still a great trip. JR (13) hunted hard with my father the whole trip never saw a deer or hog. we hunted all over the place 65, walk in E side, 28 N and 28 S and 59. I saw 2 hogs while hunting and 4 little island deer 3 of which were in the road where I couldnt shoot. same size as a fall fawn where I live near Athens. but one guy killed 2 deer and 5 hogs. other folks killed multiple hogs and limited on deer so they are there we just aren't too good at hunting :) but we have fun trying.

GMARK

It was great to meet you, your Dad, and your boys on Ossabaw. Really enjoyed camping next to you guys and sharing a few stories. Those memories you made with your Dad and boys will be priceless!

trhankinson

I enjoyed meeting you group as well Scott. Was really hoping yall got on something Saturday after we left. Maybe next time...

ehunt

Gonna start packing my bags for next week trip to ossabaw tomorrow. Always excited to go!

DCarter001

We had a great trip with the adult/child hunt last weekend. Unpacked and getting ready to repack. Discovered a few camping supplies that had degraded. They will be replaced this week. Also discovered the value of a good deer cart! Highly valuable piece of equipment. Looking forward to hitting the island again!!