Blooded the Fury this mornin' (Coyote).

GAJoe

The wind was out of the NNW and north which doesn't happen often here. There's a property I have permission to hunt and the way it's laid out I only go when the wind is like it was today. I have seen lots of sign over the past couple years but had no luck the few times I've been able to call there. That changed today!
Had to cross the river where I fell last weekend:
http://www.predatormastersforums.co...hp?Cat=0&Number=53045131&an=0&page=1#53045131
This mornin' the mud was froze solid and not slippin'. Made my first stand in the large field to the south, taking cover among some big round hay bails:
MartinYote.jpg

Saw nothing.
Went around the hill where the owner had cleaned out the bottom for growing hay. (Had to touch up the pic above as the Google Earth photo didn't reflect this.) Took cover behind two bails that were in the edge of the woods. Placed the Fury with my Foxxy Fox decoy holding the Whirling Woodpecker :
P9280016.jpg

(Sorry for the bad pic')
in the field about a hundred yards out and started with Mad Rabbit. The crows quickly came in swooping down to about 20 feet above the decoy. I threw in some Lucky Bird and Fox-Woodpecker combo. I spotted the coyote 300+ yards out to the North. I scoped him to see his ears finding the Fury. It headed my way then east out of sight. I was hoping it was gettin' on the road bed for the trip to me. I kept an eye on the road bed where it makes the bend. I switched back to Mad Rabbit thinkin' that's what got him headed my way to begin with. In just a few seconds he came around the bend into my view. I saw him lock on the movement of the Whirling Woodpecker without stopping at 200yds out. I switched to Chirping Coaxer to close the deal. I was now watching him through my scope that I had checked at the range sence the "crash test" as he came closer. I told him in a whisper "If you stop to look, you're dead." He stopped at 175yds, I fired the .204 40gr Nosler, and down he went. :thumb:
P9280015.jpg

A 40lb male. The bullet hit exactly where I aimed, just in front of the shoulder quartering toward me. While skinnin' him I found fragments under the skin having exited the rib cage on the far side (at the remote above), a perfect path through the boiler room.
GAJoe

fivesolas

Banned
What do you do with the animal? You said you skinned it, but what did you do with the carcus and skin?

Jeb

I was wondering if you had already worn the paint off that fury yet........lol........ Congrats Joe !
Jeb

GAJoe

fivesolas,
Gettin' the hide tanned to display (40lb is a nice sized yote.) Dumped the carcass on the side of a dirt road; lets nature recycle it.
GAJoe

Mr W.

:banana::banana::banana:

Adirondacker

Gotta love turning the tables on those predators. Great story.

GAJoe

Thanks for the comments.

ditchdoc,
You had the FX5 out yet? Any luck?
GAJoe

ditchdoc24

Thanks for the comments.

ditchdoc,
You had the FX5 out yet? Any luck?
GAJoe

Not yet Joe. We should be getting out this next week. I'm waiting on my buddy who's covered up with work issues. I've got the itch bad!