Saturday morning 9/12 - where will you be???

Marlin_444

In the dark hours before day break I'll climb the tree to 30 ft. on saturday morning during my first early fall morning in the woods with a purpose.

The air will be crisp as the dawn breaks through the White Oaks on Brass Town Bald.

Then suddenly twigs will snap & the light grunt of a mature bore Black Bear as he ambles in...

I pull back an arrow and THA-WHACK...

Good morning all you Blood Brothers out there!!!

It's fall - You got your game on :) :) :)

Now this is living!!!

God Bless and we'll see you in the woods...

Ron

ripplerider

Good luck to you-but I'm not sure I'd be hunting the white oaks this year. I've been on 6 long scouting trips this year and have yet to see the first white oak acorn. That doesnt mean there arent any, I just havent found them. Walked 5 hrs. Wed. morning, saw some red oak acorns but no white oaks. This was on the south side of Jack's Gap. All my scouting has been up high- maybe I need to hunt down low. I hate to hunt down low. Or maybe I havent been high enough (been up to 4000 ft. several times). I'm seeing plenty of bear sign though.

LanceColeman

Ripplerider,

I've been seeing more low than high. Once past 3200 it seems they're few and far between. flip side is muscadine, crabapple and persimmons seem to be doing well. Not that it helps much for opener.

bowbuck

I'm probably going to be in Habersham in an area that has been torn up by multiple bears. It's close to a cutover I think they bed in and has a lot of red oak acorns falling. I really feel better about killing a bear in the afternoon but I would be happy to see a doe opening morning also. I have a couple of other places to scout where I have had september success in the past and may make a last minute change on thursday when I have time to scout. Good luck to everyone and it will be nice to watch the sun come up in the deer woods again.

Marlin_444

those twigs breaking and the grunt sound will be Vin getting out of his tent around sun up

I plan on being MILES away from Vin and his tent when he roles out of bed Mr. Chad...

This is the year for ole Cooter (My "Friends" Call me that)...

WOO HOO!!!

Ron

Marlin_444

Good luck to you-but I'm not sure I'd be hunting the white oaks this year. I've been on 6 long scouting trips this year and have yet to see the first white oak acorn. That doesnt mean there arent any, I just havent found them. Walked 5 hrs. Wed. morning, saw some red oak acorns but no white oaks. This was on the south side of Jack's Gap. All my scouting has been up high- maybe I need to hunt down low. I hate to hunt down low. Or maybe I havent been high enough (been up to 4000 ft. several times). I'm seeing plenty of bear sign though.

Thanks for the insights... This spot is down low, around a mountain ridge near a stream and had sign and a few White Oak Acorns hitting in July... If it does not pan; I'll make an adjustment...

Good luck, God Bless and I'll help you drag yours out if you'll help me drag mine out :)

Ron

dertiedawg

those twigs breaking and the grunt sound will be Vin getting out of his tent around sun up

I will be ready well before sun up. I hope to make it there friday early evening to place my stand before dark. You be there next weekend for opener or you hunting private property??

I plan on being MILES away from Vin and his tent when he roles out of bed Mr. Chad...

This is the year for ole Cooter (My "Friends" Call me that)...

WOO HOO!!!

Ron
Well dont be too far, because where I am is where the bears will be... and I will need you for some draggin!!

cheezeball231

I will be ready well before sun up. I hope to make it there friday early evening to place my stand before dark. You be there next weekend for opener or you hunting private property??

I'm going to work on the one thats eating my corn if it holds out another week. Right now there is one over there pulling some stalks down. 7.00 am plenty of shooting light but the pics came out black. I guess it's not done yet he ussually gets about 5/6 stalks every morning then leaves out. He's 50 yards from my bedroom window right now and only 40 yards from my tractor. Easy drag ::ke:. I'm thinking of taking a window out of my out building and using it as a shoot house. Might even run an extension cord over there for the coffee pot:biggrin2:. I had a big bear try to get into my feed building earlier this week. with his but on the ground his nose was up to the window. I yelled at him to run him off when he started trying to pull on the door.

Marlin_444

Well dont be too far, because where I am is where the bears will be... and I will need you for some draggin!!

If ya'll need help with a drag or some freezer space stop by the house or give me a call
Chad
706 896 3692

Hey Vin and Chad,

I plan on getting in before dark too on Friday... If I do not have your cell, PM me... I am all for draging yours if you help me drag mine :)...

See you in the woods!!!

Ron

dertiedawg

Spoke with Dana this morning... we need to get an accurate count so we can have spots for everyone, especially those needing assistance (let us know if you need assistance or not). If your gonna make the bow opener next weekend, now is the time to chime in. I will be there... how about you?!?!

Ron, wanna update the first post in this thread or should we start a new one?
Vin

Never mind the new thread, I now see the list in the sticky thread. Thats what happens when you go right to the new posts, you miss the edited stuff... I should have known better.

Last edited:

Meriwether_Stalker22

Buncombe County, North Carolina.......hopefully hearing the limbs break and preparing for the "big 'en"

Hookedonhunting

I will be there with Ron crossing my fingers for big black bear.

Wire Nut

sitting in the tree my camera was strapped on. hopefully he'll come back and bring his papa!!

hudalla

Hopefully I will not be wondering around the woods looking for my treestand in the mountains by Brasstown bald.