Free Am Pit to the right home (Not a hog dog)

Amoo

Some of you may know my wife and I own a vet clinic. A few years ago, somebody brought in a pit puppy that had been hit by a bus. He had a broken pelvis, broken teeth...etc and was in rough shape. He didn't need any surgery, just a few months of cage rest. The man didn't want to deal with all that and just wanted to have him put down. Long story short, he was signed over to the clinic, my wife and I ended up bringing him home and he has been with us ever since.

Our home consists of a 20 month old baby, 7 year old male German Shepherd, 9 year old female terrier mix, 3 year old female Aussie Shepherd, a 6 year old male cat and our 3 year old male Pit Dango. He's completely house trained and we will not offer him to somebody as a yard dog. He requires a fenced in yard as he still will try to chase anything with wheels on it. He is great with the baby, the cat and all of the female dogs, but the male German Shepherd is alpha male and really beats the crap out of him sometimes. As a result of this when our parents bring their two male Wesites over he tries to be alpha male over them and will try to beat them up.

So here's the situation:

- Not a yard dog
- Requires a fence
- Fine with other female dogs his size, but best in an only dog home.
- Neutered, micro-chipped, up to date on everything including rattlesnake shot
- So good with baby and puppies we called him the nanny.
- Not food aggressive at all, our child reaches down and put kibble back in his bowl that he has dropped out while he is eating.
- Very friendly to strangers, but will protect the property if we're not around.
- Black and White Am Pit, no tail crop or ear crop.
- Would require a home inspection
- Would require you to check in with us once a year via photo to let us know how he is doing
- Would require he come back to us if you ever decide to get rid of him.

Bottom line is this, he's a great dog and a part of our family, but because he wants to beat up on other smaller males he's not fitting in well. We're not in a rush to give him away, as well will find the right home before we let him go. If you see this posted even 4-6 months from now and it sounds like a good fit, send me a PM, we may still have him. For anybody who feels these requirements are too picky, I'm sorry, but we don't want to see this guy in a shelter with all of the love and time we have put into rehabbing him from his injuries, as I said, he's a part of our family, but we can't give him everything he needs.

Pictures is from November 2011 when we brought him home from the clinic:

390971_2698596981694_1598921026_n.jpg

Amoo

Wanting to bump this as this guy is still available. He's been living at the clinic for a few months now and would really like to find a forever home.