Evinrude outboard fuel problem

Biggin13

I have been working on a 2007 50 hp etec and am having a problem getting it to run. It is building pressure on the fuel lines to the point of leaking around the hose clamps. Could the injectors be clogged? I know the boat was not winterized but had it running about a month ago and had to rebuild the water pump. Just tried it again today and found the pressure on the lines the hard way, line come off and sprayed gas all over me. Any help would be appreciated.

rospaw

I have been working on a 2007 50 hp etec and am having a problem getting it to run. It is building pressure on the fuel lines to the point of leaking around the hose clamps. Could the injectors be clogged? I know the boat was not winterized but had it running about a month ago and had to rebuild the water pump. Just tried it again today and found the pressure on the lines the hard way, line come off and sprayed gas all over me. Any help would be appreciated.

Shooting from the hip but maybe filter/micro screen in the injector bank?

rospaw

When it happened to me it was on a 09 200. Inside the fuel system it had a fine screen that was blocked with black rubber aka the fuel line breaking down. It took an hour plus just to tear the thing down to find that clog. It was running fine the weekend before.

baddave

is there a water fuel separator?? not a mechanic but my 4 stroke does..looks just like an oil filter .. just reachin