870 Compact

nick_o_demus

I bought an 870 Compact 20 gauge for an amazing price on Gunbroker. The thought was swap the stock with a Boyds thumbhole stock... I wanted something more compact to carry but also a comfortable gun for my nephew to hunt with. I'm starting to think I should just leave it alone and find the right choke/shot combo.

Did I mention the stock was pink camo??? :rofl:

What do y'all think?

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
I'm thinking that pink camo will match you nicely.:D

Should be a nice lil gun.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
We got one last year put a houge youth stock on it for my boy.
It shoots 2 3/4 federal heavywieghts very impressivly! Not much recoil and we shot our old directv dish with it at 40 yards and it hit it way hard enough to kill turkey!

deast1988

I got an 870 fully worked over and really like it, hunts great compact everything. You could get adjustable AR style stick to match a lot of shooters. I went with Adult Shurshot stock less moving points locks up well in the shoulder.

Blue Petes

I dont know. I was just concerned with the stock ( wood fore end is still on the gun lol). Im pretty sure they sell them. If not theres plenty of places to get them.

Rabun

I bought an 870 Compact 20 gauge for an amazing price on Gunbroker. The thought was swap the stock with a Boyds thumbhole stock... I wanted something more compact to carry but also a comfortable gun for my nephew to hunt with. I'm starting to think I should just leave it alone and find the right choke/shot combo.

Did I mention the stock was pink camo??? :rofl:

What do y'all think?

Here's what I did with the 870 youth I got for my Son...who is now 27. Have all the old furniture to revert back when needed. Great PD gun.

Attachments

• 870 youth.JPG
    870 youth.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 952

Swamprat

Swamprat
Just spray paint the dang thing. Cheaper than a new stock and the turkeys ain't gonna smell it.

JoPa

Mossy Oak camo wrap, tru glo fiber sights, camo sling, Jellyhead. Less than $100. First shotgun I bought my son and now it's my favorite turkey gun. Don't even know its on your shoulder. Sitting at base of tree the shorter stock to me is easier to get on a bird. 3" Hevi-shot magnum blend. They can't hit the ground fast enough. Good luck this season.

fishnfool

Last edited by a moderator:

fountain

I shoot a youth 870 and put a boyds stock set on it. Its a little heavier with the boyds stocks, but it doesn't bother me. im shooting a sumtoy choke and tss 9s out of if

frankwright

I have been using a Remington 870 20ga youth for years. I put the Remington Shurshot stock on it.

Attachments

• 870 20ga scope mount.jpg
    870 20ga scope mount.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 565

hambone76

I believe that I saw a black synthetic 870 stock in a bin of miscellaneous gun parts at a local pawn shop. I’ll check on it next week if you want me to.

01Foreman400

Staff member
I'm about to set one up for my kids. I've got a Knoxx/blackhawk adjustable stock for it and a Fastfire 3. Gonna load up some TSS #10's. Should be jam-up.

nick_o_demus

shes all set up

Truglo clamp on Irons, carlsons 565 extended turkey choke and Boyds custom stock. Think she turned out pretty well. Now I need to find ammo somewhere. Anyone know where to find Fed Hvwt #7's???

Attachments

• 870.jpg
    870.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 275

killerv

Just picked one up for 200otd from a lgs, laminated stock. BPS had some limbsaver pads in the back for 10 bucks, a little grinding and I'll be good to go. Really didn't need it, but I have two small boys so we'll use it for something, the oldest is shooting a franchi compact 20. if the 870 shoots halfway decent, I may hunt with it some.

I ordered some hw 7s before the season from BPS and had them ship to store, don't know if they have any more or not

nick_o_demus

Just picked one up for 200otd from a lgs, laminated stock. BPS had some limbsaver pads in the back for 10 bucks, a little grinding and I'll be good to go. Really didn't need it, but I have two small boys so we'll use it for something, the oldest is shooting a franchi compact 20. if the 870 shoots halfway decent, I may hunt with it some.

I ordered some hw 7s before the season from BPS and had them ship to store, don't know if they have any more or not

I didn't "need" this one either.:rofl: I bought it for nephew to use during youth season and for me of course. I bought some on BPS 3-4 weeks ago and they keep saying they expect them in 30 days. So none for me yet. About to try the local Academy.

What choke are you using?