Bore snake for 10/22.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I just received this bore snake for cleaning my 10/22 in 4 days with free shipping. Haven't tried it yet, but looks great and has very good reviews. You slide the coated cable down the bore to the chamber then put a patch or brush on the end. Then add your solvent and then pull it back through the bore. It has a ball for a handle to help you hold onto the cable while pulling.

gt40

Attachments

• bore snake .jpg
    bore snake .jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 224

BriarPatch99

No reason that will not work ...

I sometimes use an Otis system to clean guns ...

I also use a good Dewey Rod too ....

Both work ... the Otis is quick ... the rod and brush deep cleans ...

rjcruiser

I've purchased several bore snakes and knock-offs from china and they work well. the knock offs are around $4 per caliber and I can't tell a difference.

jmoser

Folks for .22s I took a piece of 50[?] lb mono fishing line; tied a loop in one end, and just wet a patch and pull it thru. I have never found a .22 that needed a bore brush; occasionally the chamber needs a brush but the lubed bullets slip right thru the bore.

I like the 'loop' attachment in the ebay link but that's what my solution does at about $11.90 less cost.

Just slip a bigger / thicker patch thru and I use it as a quick bore lube on centerfires as well after a bore snake.

Tentwing

Looks like it should work fine. I have been using a Hopps Bore Snake on my 22's for years with great result. I am a big fan of bore snakes for barrel cleaning.