Missed a good chance on meat

rapid fire

Slipped over to a small tract of land yesterday evening for the first time. One hour before dark, I walk through a 2 acre field and 200 yards down a mowed sewer line. Large creek on one side and thicket on other side. Found a slough with a good crossing and sat down on ground. Well, sat till near dark and didn't see a thing. This is when things turned around. Walked back out the sewer line and as I neared the corner of the field, I spotted some really fresh tracks headed into the field. YEP YOU GUESSED IT! She saw me before I saw her. Oh and the three others keyed in pretty quick when she started blowing. Worst thing is, they were standing 30 yds from a tripod stand. "Here's your sign." Maybe next time. No meat, but I wouldn't have traded that one hour in the woods for anything. My wife even said "his face just glows when he knows he is going hunting." I give thanks to the Lord for such an awesome experience. Rapid Fire

one_shot_no_mor

THAT'S What I'm Talkin' About!!

rapid fire said:
No meat, but I wouldn't have traded that one hour in the woods for anything. My wife even said "his face just glows when he knows he is going hunting." I give thanks to the Lord for such an awesome experience. Rapid Fire

THAT's what it's all about!!! :clap: :clap:

Welcome back RapidFire! Kinda missed your mug...

huntaholic

dont feel bad

I know how you feel, had one slip up on me tuesday afternoon an i was thinking I should stand up turned an you know what I was looking at the deer but it was lookin at me :rolleyes: O well at least I saw some deer :) you go get em R fire.