This Ain't right...

frankwright

Yesterday afternoon I was climbing up into one of the box blinds on my friend's farm.
You have to go all the way up the ladder to unlatch the door, then go down the ladder and swing the door open and then climb in.
I was climbing up to go in and when my head got even with the floor, I was eyeball to eyeball with a curled up snake.
The only thing that saved me from a heart attack was I instantly could tell it was non venomous. But there was no way he was coming out or I was going in unless we crawled over each other and that was not going to happen.
My friend had just dropped me off with the golf cart and I hollered for snake removal. When he climbed in he said "There is no snake here". I was already considering where I was going to hunt that evening when he found it curled up behind a broom in the corner and was nice enough to relocate it away from the blind.
I guess it was a pre punishment because after sitting in the blind for about two hours, I realized my orange vest was on the heavier jacket I wore that morning which was in my suv.
It would have been a long walk back to get it as my friend was coming back for me after dark or if I killed a deer. I did kill a doe right at dark but as far as I know that is the first time I could have gotten a ticket.
I recorded the deer as soon as I knew she was down so I was at least legal there and I will have to be more careful in the future.

Attachments

• Y box blind.jpg
    Y box blind.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 108