Good deal on wireless camera

mattuga

Banned
I have a Spartan Go Cam and a Spypoint Evo both on Verizon, Spartan all day for functionality. Spypoint has an edge on trigger speed and camera quality but the monthly plan is just silly. I bought mine from Herd360.com and it was a great deal considering the monthly plan is so much less.

shdw633

Not true. Both cameras are comparable retail price. But the Spartan is much cheaper to operate monthly.

How so? I haven't seen a black out Spartan that sells for around $200 to $225, like I have the Bushnell. The Spartans I have seen advertised have gone for anywhere from $360 (standard IR) to $500 for the blackouts. I think the one I posted in this thread was selling for $212 if I am not mistaken, though Amazon is not currently selling them for that price, they will go back down throughout the season and usually sell for $200 around Christmas time.

shdw633

So does this mean these cams will be obsolete in the next few years?

Your camera will still function as a trail camera but you may lose the wireless ability. Keep in mind that these cameras work through Bushnell's website, not your wireless carrier.

GottaGetOutdoors

How so? I haven't seen a black out Spartan that sells for around $200 to $225, like I have the Bushnell. The Spartans I have seen advertised have gone for anywhere from $360 (standard IR) to $500 for the blackouts. I think the one I posted in this thread was selling for $212 if I am not mistaken, though Amazon is not currently selling them for that price, they will go back down throughout the season and usually sell for $200 around Christmas time.

Shdw, my mistake. I thought you had the Covert blackout. You are correct that Bushnell has run several sales lower than Spartan.

shdw633

Shdw, my mistake. I thought you had the Covert blackout. You are correct that Bushnell has run several sales lower than Spartan.

Well that didn't go the way I was hoping it would!!! :bounce: I wanted you to come back and tell me where I could get a Spartan for that same price point!! :biggrin2: :cheers:

Killdee

Up to $304.00 now.....Grrrrrr, should a bought one. Anyone else find a good price link me. I have a good safe spot for one nearby I'd like to try one.