mark richt lays an egg

DAWG1419

This isn't directed at you but there sure are alot of Ga fans here that obviously want Richt to fail. Let's be realistic, what coach doesn't drop a game they shouldnt? There aren't many out there, especially this year.....Meyer, Dabo, Jimbo, Kirby.......the list goes on and on. But as soon as it's Richt, the forum is bombarded with Cmr threads. Cmr has done pretty good this year considering the dumpster fire he walked into. Just seems like the Dog faithful hold a grudge against him.

Not at all. We just expected it!

Papa Bear

Richt is first class man and darn good coach. Wish him well and hope he gets a championship before he hangs up the headset. So many fans turn on coaches when it is a team sport. Hope Kirby continues to do well cause ga fans will turn on him as just like they did Richt.

tcward

This isn't directed at you but there sure are alot of Ga fans here that obviously want Richt to fail. Let's be realistic, what coach doesn't drop a game they shouldnt? There aren't many out there, especially this year.....Meyer, Dabo, Jimbo, Kirby.......the list goes on and on. But as soon as it's Richt, the forum is bombarded with Cmr threads. Cmr has done pretty good this year considering the dumpster fire he walked into. Just seems like the Dog faithful hold a grudge against him.

Yep..we sure do hold a grudge...obvious reasons...

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
It's funny how you try to highlight the fact Pitt is an Acc team. If this happened to an Sec team we'd all hear how the Sec is just so tough.

Just another Saturday in the Sec...:rofl:

what do you care? the criminoles won today! ::ke:

SpotandStalk

Yep..we sure do hold a grudge...obvious reasons...

I just don't understand that. Richt didn't win a natty but he brought Ga back to being a decent program. Didn't he have one of the highest winning percentages as a coach there?

Seems the best thing to do is thank him and wish him luck.

tjl1388

Thankfully I was on a marching band trip to NYC with my son and didn't have to suffer through watching my qb not being able to hit the broad side of a barn all day.

Thankfully Ala. lost so it no longer matters.

As always, just win and we're more than likely in.

Coenen

Thankfully I was on a marching band trip to NYC with my son and didn't have to suffer through watching my qb not being able to hit the broad side of a barn all day.

Thankfully Ala. lost so it no longer matters.

As always, just win and we're more than likely in.
Your kids got to march Macy's, I assume? Bet it was a blast!

We did a couple of high profile parades when I was in Band in HS and College, but never Macy's. I was always a little jealous of the folks that got a chance to do that one. That and the Rose Parade.

tjl1388

Your kids got to march Macy's, I assume? Bet it was a blast!

We did a couple of high profile parades when I was in Band in HS and College, but never Macy's. I was always a little jealous of the folks that got a chance to do that one. That and the Rose Parade.

We actually did the Philadelphia Parade, oldest one in the country. So dang cold. My wife did the Rose Bowl parade back in her day.

I pulled some strings and got media credentials and was able to walk with them and photograph them for the entire march.

This is my boy freezing his chops off. Us Florida boys aren't made for 29 degrees. :hair:
i-VSsFFMz-L.jpg

HuntDawg

Who wants to bet he ends up 10 and 3? This is how he rolls. Looks great 80% of the season, then loses a game against an unranked opponent, then the wheels fall off.

Instead of going up to Pitt with his X's and O's, it ends up being a "Mens Retreat".

As I stated in November. He lost his last 3. Miami will run him out of town in less than 5 years from today.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Who wants to bet he ends up 10 and 3? This is how he rolls. Looks great 80% of the season, then loses a game against an unranked opponent, then the wheels fall off.

Instead of going up to Pitt with his X's and O's, it ends up being a "Mens Retreat".

Throwback

Attachments

• IMG_3663.JPG
    IMG_3663.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 116

DannyW

Richt is first class man and darn good coach. Wish him well and hope he gets a championship before he hangs up the headset. So many fans turn on coaches when it is a team sport. Hope Kirby continues to do well cause ga fans will turn on him as just like they did Richt.

Isn't this the truth? And the first two seasons at Georgia are scary similar for Richt and Smart...

Year 1 - Richt = 8-4
Year 1 - Smart = 8-5

Year 2 - Richt = 13-1 and SEC title (final national ranking = 3rd)
Year 2 - Smart = 12-1 and SEC title (final national ranking TBA)

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Isn't this the truth? And the first two seasons at Georgia are scary similar for Richt and Smart...

Year 1 - Richt = 8-4
Year 1 - Smart = 8-5

Year 2 - Richt = 13-1 and SEC title (final national ranking = 3rd)
Year 2 - Smart = 12-1 and SEC title (final national ranking TBA)

One big difference, CMR did not follow that up with a boat load of 5* recruits, nor was he in the middle of building a massive OL. They might be 2.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
:biggrin2:

Attachments

• IMG_3664.JPG
    IMG_3664.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 65