Central Zone Hunt 2016

Clipper

Hope we have enough varmits gathered for the stew, yall pick up some road kill on the way down to add if needed :clap::cheers:

I'll do my best to run down a possum or skunk on the way down. If I don't I'll have a pack of venison stew meat for the pot.

DSGB

Don't shoot a traditional bow, but I'll likely be hunting the Blackjack Crossing West tract Saturday morning. I'll be in a black 2003 Tacoma DoubleCab. Stop and say hello if you see me!

charlie 2 arrow

Still trying to cough up a lung. Good luck down there!

pine nut

Had a great time, but the crowd was small. Walked my legs off Friday, too out of shape though round is a shape! Clipper and I did see some deer but didn't get a shot. I had two fairly close encounters Sat AM depends on how you count them. I saw a doe that stepped into the road as I was making where I left it to head into the woods. I managed to slip into the woods in her direction of leaving but I saw her re-cross the road about ten minutes later without presenting any shot. She was too far and of course alerted to my presence. I was in Ghillie suit when seen and she didn't just blow out. Probably just mildly concerned and puzzled. About 2o mins later two bucks chased a doe by me and kept going, never to come back by again. From the tracks everywhere They must have been chasing all over the area. Had there been any meat in tracks we could have fed a large army! LOL! Should have been more folks there. Well maybe next time!

Clipper

I got home last night too late and tired to post. Had a great time hunting with Bill (Pine Nut). We both got there Thursday afternoon, hunted Friday and Saturday morning. I also hunted (between naps) Saturday afternoon. I jumped a couple of deer looking for hogs Friday but saw nothing else. Hog sign was scarce but deer tracks abundant. I climbed Saturday morning in a very good spot but nothing came by.

Many thanks to Donnie and Jeff for hosting and taking care of us. SGTP really has a good set up down there - I heated breakfast in their microwave and took a hot shower Friday night. That's my kind of camping! Thanks to Dan for checking the tiller on my bow and Jeff for letting me hunt his stand Saturday afternoon.

I stayed for dinner Saturday night and was glad I did. Jeff smoked some of the best venison I ever tasted. Also enjoyed the company of some good folks at dinner as well.

sawtooth

I hate I missed it. It's always a great time over there. Work requirements dictated that I remain in close proximity to this bucket truck all weekend.

Barebowyer

Glad y'all had a big time. I am sorry I missed it as well.