What is your #1 turkey call?

TK1

You guys can scratch my name off this list... My days of making calls are done except for the very limited few I've contacted..

Gaswamp

You guys can scratch my name off this list... My days of making calls are done except for the very limited few I've contacted..

Steve, say it ain't so:cry:

Turkeydoghunter

Steve, say it ain't so:cry:
Don't worry man check out this boy's web site he qualifies every year in the Open and Friction for the Grand Nationals using his calls he a great guy who served our country give him a try he his site is the coolest I have found he has a sound file for everything !!!! you can sound like a whole flock on your computer :D ........ www.millcreekvalleygamecalls.com

TK1

Gonna have to post a guard on the spares I have... Good Luck Steve.....

...No worries dude.. I'm just tired of everything and the desire is gone and I changed careers. I no longer need to build calls to pay bills..Going back to building them for fun!!.. I will also admit that for a lot of yrs my calls were strictly built with pliers and forceps. I've only used a basic press for stretching by eye the last two yrs,as well as side crimps,I finished the back stretch with pliers.. It's weird to see a following that I've had for so long when my calls were so crudely crafted.. I find that funny ;)

Last edited:

returntoarchery

Was my Tim Sandford copper over glass bicote pot. Then last year it became Tim's slate over copper cherry burl. Second string is Tim's crystal over copper claro walnut and that one just may become first string if I get off my butt and practice with it more.

rex upshaw

Was my Tim Sandford copper over glass bicote pot. Then last year it became Tim's slate over copper cherry burl. Second string is Tim's crystal over copper claro walnut and that one just may become first string if I get off my butt and practice with it more.

Practice?

herb mcclure

What is your # 1 turkey call?

Been a while since I made a post, but reading all this rs-a-dazzle back and forth about your #1 turkey call, or caller, I think M Sharp has it right when he made his post back in August. As for Herb McClure, the Leon Johenning turkey call he invented, has called all the turkeys I have ever called for myself and others. Just low and loud yelping--- according to circumstances. I don't believe very many gobblers ever hear this caller. Thank God!

Native Turkey Man,
Herb McClure

Turkeydoghunter

my favorite call is the trumpet as everyone knows And I always have a mouth call tucked between my cheek and gum , it's a deadly combonation !