SpyPoint mini live-4GV trail cam vsSpartan GoCam

tmanfrmtn

I'm looking at getting a new cellular game gam.
Theses two seem to have the best reviews for verizon service.
Has anyone used either of them?
I have to go with one that uses Verizon due to it being the only cell service that works on my club.
Any reviews or suggestions would be appreciated

Last edited:

shdw633

Here's a Spypoint Cellular on sale at Mid-way USA. Personally I don't think you can beat a Bushnell cellular, especially since you don't have to deal with your cell phone service you just go to their website and their monthly rates are really good in regards to the number of pictures you get. But you say you only get coverage from Verizon and I know they are AT&T so you would have to check their coverage map to see if they cover that area. I thought I could not get coverage in my area from AT&T as well until one of our members got the camera and gets great pics...now I have one and love it. :biggrin2:

Here's the link to the spypoint:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/48...nfrared-digital-game-camera-10-megapixel-camo

tmanfrmtn

shdw633 ATT gets no signal at all where I want to use them.
Verizon can even be spotty there.
So i'm really stuck with verizon for any cams I use.
But thanks for the link.
Hopefully someone else can use it

j_seph

Cannot remember the brand I bought but it was a big camera. Problem I had was if it was spotty service it would eat the battery up trying to communicate and eventually would not send a picture at all because it could not connect and seemed to go into a sleep mode due to that.

shdw633

shdw633 ATT gets no signal at all where I want to use them.
Verizon can even be spotty there.
So i'm really stuck with verizon for any cams I use.
But thanks for the link.
Hopefully someone else can use it

Moultrie has a similar service that does use Verizon and you can get their cellular adapter for around $200. This allows you to turn most of their 2nd generation cameras into cellular cameras. It's a little more expensive for the pics per month then Bushnell, but does give you another option should the spypoint not work out and it also allows you to attach the device on different moultrie cameras. Not trying to change your mind or viewpoints, just giving you options since you are in an area with little to no reception. I know I went through that myself in our area and it was very frustrating.

https://www.moultriemobile.com

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I have the Moultrie since I had just bought a camera. The Spartan looks nice, I just wasn't sure about tying up 450 plus in once piece of equipment. If something goes wrong with mine I'm out 200 for the modem, or 150 or so for a good Moultrie camera. Once I got the firmware update installed on the camera mine worked fine. 10 bucks for 750 pics, or 20 for 2500. Other plans too. All stored in an app. On the better cameras you can set time lapse pictures twice a day if needed and motion the rest of the time. I enjoyed the time lapse pics coming in every 5 minutes during turkey season, about 5 hours out of the day. You can control your time lapse or detect settings from the app or computer as well.

GottaGetOutdoors

There is another option if you don't have good Verizon or ATT coverage. Spartan also sells a model that operates on U.S. Cellular network. No SIM card required. $5/mo as an add-on device to an existing USC account.

rosewood

Not sure about those cams, but the ones I have, have external antennas and get better range than a standard cell phone. So if you are getting spotty coverage with the phone, the camera may work just fine.

Rosewood