Best Brown so far..

TheTroutWhisperer

Rained all day but the fish didn't mind getting wet. Had a great day on the Hiwassee at Reliance. Caught around 30 and missed another 30 or so. Caught this a couple of big rainbows along with this big brown, my best so far. Wish I could have gotten a better pic but did not get my net out of the truck.

Attachments

• brown.jpg
    brown.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 1,042

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Nice fish!

txc35

Hiawasee??

Is that river in Tennessee? Thanks. I am still trying to figure out where things are here in GA and the southeast.

TheTroutWhisperer

Murray trout bum, you are just 40 mins from the river,, I'm jealous, straight shot up 411. How does Mill and Holly creek fish? I was born and raised in the Chatsworth/Eton area and trout fished those streams when I was a teenager. I need to get in there and give it a go sometime. My guess is however it is just a seasonal stream.

They both get hit pretty hard after the stock truck leaves. I sometimes take my kids there to fish. Holly has a decent population of native trout that I have fished for. Some friends this past spring said they caught trout in the 16-18" range from Holly. I prefer fishing the East Tn waters over local creeks anymore.

txc35

stream location

Thanks TTW. I'll have to take a ride up that way. Looks beautiful.