This is what I do to rid deer of tics and flees.

SlowMotion

With the weather heating up I'm going to give it a try also.

uturn

I too take the Apple Cider Vinegar..learnt it from Granny for all kinds of health bennies!
As I forget it sometimes out of the bottle I have picked me up some in the pill form at GNC..I leave them in my truck n poppem like candy a couple times a day!

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Dangers
Although permethrin is useful as a pesticide, permethrin can be dangerous to animals and human beings. It is almost certain to cause major irritation to the skin and eyes. When used injudiciously, permethrin can even cause infertility. It is classified as a non-toxic class II or class III pesticide, the benchmark classification for pesticides that can cause irritation to the skin and eyes. Because of this classification, permethrin is considered a restricted-use pesticide (RUP).

Poisoning
Skin irritation, redness, swelling and rashes are the early signs and symptoms of poisoning with permethrin. Other signs include irritability to sound and touch, cough, numbness, sensation of pricking, diarrhea, burning sensation, dizziness, fatigue, excessive salivation, muscle twitching, fluid in the lungs, nausea and seizures. These symptoms can vary depending on the kind of ingestion. Before rushing to the hospital, first aid has to be administered. This should involve giving the patient fresh air, rinsing the mouth, rinsing the eyes with fresh and clean water, removing contaminated clothes and washing skin with water and soap.

gt40

turkeyman55

bugs

I hang clean and dry plastic jars with holes poked in the metal tops upside down with powdered DIATOMACEOUS EARTH in it. I hang it near my deer feeder so the deer will bump into it while feeding. It is used on farms for chickens, pigs, horses and other animals. It is very safe for them and worked great. We have found that when we kill a deer we rarely find tics crawling around on them. You can get it at Tractor Supply or other feed stores.
this year a month before opening turkey season I sprayed Home Defense Max 1 Gal. Ready-to-Use Perimeter and Indoor Insect Killer around my ground blinds inside and out sprayed where I walked twice plus
Sawyer SP544 Premium Insect Repellent with 20% Picaridin Pump Spray 4oz around my shoe arms hands butt-tocks these FL ticks not as big as Georgia ticks

Killdee

My gosh, what did deer do before we planted food plots, provided minerals, protein feed, and now pest control?

BTW, the things crawling around on deer you see right after you kill one are usually ked flies rather than ticks. Ticks usually don't detach and start crawling for a while. If they have 6 legs, they are keds.

Thanks I always just called em deer live, I never knew what they were but knew they weren't ticks. I appreciate having a knowledgeable biologist on here to give us information. Thanks

onedude

I am going to start the Vinegar. I had 2 tics on me Saturday. Will it keep skeeters off. They love me.
Thanks,
Doug Jn.3:16