Trail camera review?

Bamafan4life

Hi, I'm wanting to get some reviews on the cheap (under 150 dollars) game cameras, I'm wanting to buy 3 or 4 cameras and would like to know what are the best for the money? And what about the 60 dollar moultries at academy? Are they atleast functional? I might put some of those cheap cameras at places where I'm not so sure there's deer and the better ones where I know there's deer, any help will be apreciated

MadMallard

$99 dollar bushnell at wally world not to bad but I would go with DLC Covert cams best customer service and great pics and battery life. Changed all mine to Covert will never buy any other. Stay away from WGI and do not really care for Moultrie. Check Chasingame.com for reviews. I would rather have 2 really good cams than 4 cheap one's that might work or not.

metau

Bushnell TC and DLC Coverts are all I use. Still have a few of the cheap tascos, mainly used as decoys due to theft issues here in AZ.

MadThwacker

Just purchased a Browning Strike Force from TrailProCam.com
Great people to deal with. 8GB memory card included for free. Only site I'll buy trail cams from.

transfixer

Bushnell trophy cams, and Browning strike force, the dark ops models have been working well for me, although my older bushnell is starting to take washouts pics sometimes, but its about 6yrs old now, guess the elements are catching up to it.

shdw633

Bushnell trophy cams, and Browning strike force, the dark ops models have been working well for me, although my older bushnell is starting to take washouts pics sometimes, but its about 6yrs old now, guess the elements are catching up to it.

Wow, the dark ops cameras I have are TERRIBLE. Worse night pics I have ever gotten out of any camera I have ever bought and I have bought nearly all kinds. No dig against Browning cams as a whole but the dark ops is not one of their better efforts in my opinion.

Kwaksmoka

Thanks for the input, will check the bushnells out. I’ve actually heard real good things about the Browning’s, honestly I have no clue.

shdw633

Thanks for the input, will check the bushnells out. I’ve actually heard real good things about the Browning’s, honestly I have no clue.

That was not to take anything away from the other Browning's out there, just that the dark ops was not good to me in regards to picture quality.

shdw633

If you can wait, you can get a lot more camera after the season. What I would recommend is a simple Tasco camera you can get at Walmart for around $30, get one or two and move them around and then after the season look for the sales and you can get $100 plus dollar cameras for 50 cents on the dollar when stores are trying to get them off the shelves.

Kwaksmoka

Thanks for the info, I am not in a hurry and will definitely wait until after the season. I want them for turkey season mainly!

shdw633

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
I run Moultries and have always had good luck with them , like mentioned in previous posts stay away from WGI. Pure junk.

Hit-n-Miss

I've had good luck with Browning, Primos and Moultrie. I just got the Moultrie from Academy, I like it. Posted a pic from it in the (camera brand and model thread in trail cams)

Latest posts