Camera ??

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Thought about getting a couple more, want black flash, no cell phone camera. Ones I see on BP or Academy web sites that fit the $$ either have bad reviews or too slow trigger speed.

What's out there?? Would like to stay under $ 60 per camera

That’s gonna be a tuff road a hoe for a black flash that’s not crap and poor quality. I would have to research as I don’t know if one right off. You could get a cell one just don’t use that feature it still functions as a trail camera . Just a fyi there

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
That’s gonna be a tuff road a hoe for a black flash that’s not crap and poor quality. I would have to research as I don’t know if one right off. You could get a cell one just don’t use that feature it still functions as a trail camera . Just a fyi there
So is it just a feature like setting the clock, date etc where you just say no on txting pics??

Haven't bought a cam in a few yrs

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I'm guessing "no Glo" would work. I have some older moultries that use a Red light and I have pics of them spooking deer, so I normally try to place them higher in a tree and tilt down which decreases the trigger/pic area. Another brand I have will take good pics but side by side with a moultrie the moultrie will take a hundred pics and the other 20. I think it rests a good while before it'll take another.

I saw this but no reviews $150 and I have a coupon that would bring it lower
1666027979341.png

So how it works is in the programming of the camera control board. There is a light sensor that senses the amount of light when that light gets to a certain level it tells the control board the light level and the control board sends an electrical current to a small motor witch flips the ir filter which is on a little plastic arm with a red lens in it. This allows the camera to be able to see the Infa red light. ( ir ) is rated in nano meters which in short stands for ( NM ) the flash you see on ir is 840nm which we can see. When you look at it when it flashes it’s a dim looking red light like.. so when there is an issue with this little arm or motor it causes the lense assembly to stay in front of the camera lenses during day light which causes the pinkish red looking pictures you are getting. Deer can and do react to this red flash when in pictures and in video mode the flash stays lit up red. I have experienced deer freak plum out it while some just look at it and don’t pay much attention to it. I think mainly it’s what deer get used to seeing and how much pressure and predators in an area. You can elevate IR cameras up higher where it isn’t in the deer’s line of vision and they don’t see it or pay as much attention to it. No glow, Black flash cameras etc… as they are called are basically just a darker nm flash which is 950 and thus people call them black flash . They aren’t black but just a higher filter rating of red which people and animals can’t see that high of spectrum very well. Hope I didn’t confuse or complicate that and it helps you or others understand this.. deer are much less bothered by no glow or black flash and regular white flash cameras than they are ir cams in my experience of using them and building them in my homebrew cameras when I was doing that. Generally no glow typically does not have the fash range a ir cam or white flash cam does. It’s a trade off. The newer cameras now have gotten much better on that

Last edited:
I'm guessing "no Glo" would work. I have some older moultries that use a Red light and I have pics of them spooking deer, so I normally try to place them higher in a tree and tilt down which decreases the trigger/pic area. Another brand I have will take good pics but side by side with a moultrie the moultrie will take a hundred pics and the other 20. I think it rests a good while before it'll take another.

View attachment 1183486
I ran some stealth cam ng42 cams before and they was very nice for the money. This you posted seems to be pretty good of a deal. I haven’t used any of these. Can’t hurt to have 3 cameras for a small amount. You know us we love pictures of stuff

furtaker

Try the Wildgame Innovations Terra Lights Out. I have a couple and they work well. Not very high picture quality but plenty good enough and I get lots of pictures on them. Walmart.com has them for $29.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Try the Wildgame Innovations Terra Lights Out. I have a couple and they work well. Not very high picture quality but plenty good enough and I get lots of pictures on them. Walmart.com has them for $29.
I have a couple of those OR the older ones in the same brand/look. They take a good pic BUT those are the ones that don't give you many pics before the deer has walked away. I could put them on a corn pile, deer would be there say 5 minutes and you only get a hand full of pics. BUT for $29 dollars you can't complain. thanks

furtaker

I have a couple of those OR the older ones in the same brand/look. They take a good pic BUT those are the ones that don't give you many pics before the deer has walked away. I could put them on a corn pile, deer would be there say 5 minutes and you only get a hand full of pics. BUT for $29 dollars you can't complain. thanks
Maybe you got a bad one or had an older model. I got several thousand pics over a salt lick this summer with one of mine.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Maybe you got a bad one or had an older model. I got several thousand pics over a salt lick this summer with one of mine.
I have more than one and they all seem to be that way. Have you looked at the time stamps and see how many they take in a minute???

furtaker

I have more than one and they all seem to be that way. Have you looked at the time stamps and see how many they take in a minute???
Yes. They have a fixed 30 second delay and it looks like I get a pic about every 30 seconds or minute when a deer is standing there?

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Yes. They have a fixed 30 second delay and it looks like I get a pic about every 30 seconds or minute when a deer is standing there?
If I'm thinking about it I don't put them on a trail cause say 3 or 4 deer are walking in a line, the first gets a pic but it doesn't cycle fast enough to catch the last one. But for the money can't be that choosy

jbogg

View attachment 1183486

I don’t have much experience with trail cameras, but I bought the stealth cam brow tines series 3 pack at Academy sports a couple of months ago, and a two pack off camofire.com. I think the three pack was less than $150, and I know they still stock them.

The Trigger speed is OK, and I have only used video mode. Videos are nice quality. I Ended up with a ton of nice videos of bear and deer, but was very disappointed to find that I did not have the time or date stamp appearing on the videos. I double checked that I had set the cameras up with the correct time and date only to find out after calling customer service that there is no way to have the time and date appear on screen in any of the quickset modes. You must use the custom mode to see the time and date on screen. It would have been nice for that tip to be included in the instruction manuel, but it was not. Now that I have gone through the learning curve I am looking forward to getting them deployed again.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
The Wally's I go to doesn't have the $29 cameras. I may wait and see what black friday may bring

@jbogg this can be addictive ;)