Batteries??

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Anyone ever try the rechargeable batteries that Sam's club is carrying now???
They claimed they were great in camera's and lasted longer (on a charge) than their regular ones.

Nvoss

Rechargables are affected alot by temperature and the voltage is actually only 1.4 volts at full charge. If you are using AA's use lithium and you won't have to worry about batteries for a long long time.

7Mag Hunter

Bought an Eveready kit from Sams with recharger and 4 AA batteries and
very unhappy with battery life and brightness in a mini maglight
i use them in.......
2 of the batteries will not hold a charge and other 2 dim after 1/2 hr or
so usage....
Only about 1 yr old........

Not all rechargeables are 1.4 some are higher than that. A good quality rechargeable is powerxx immedions also Sanyo eneloops. Rechargeables will drop voltage daily whether there used or not. It def saves you alot of money depends on the camera and the the applications night versus day pics. Weather temps also affect battery life. I use rechargeable in all my homebrew cameras. I have 12

littlenorth

I used a large quantity of Pure Energy (white in color, sold at WalMart). These batteries are rechargeable. These test 1.55 volt fresh out of the package using a digital meter. Recharging with a good charger, (same brand as the batteries), these batteries could be bumped up to 1.6 volt. After a few months use, these batteries would not fully charge, usually coming up to 1.39 to 1.43 volt. I returned lots back to WalMart for warranty, to the point I had to get a letter of authorization from the manufacture stating they would back the warranty or WalMart would not accept any more returns. I had purchased from two different Walmart locations in case they had received a faulty shipment. I had the same results. While this was taking place, I was continually emailing the manufacture showing the tests I was performing. The manufacture even ended up sending me replacements that WalMart would not stand good for. I have since switched to Energizer rechargeables and would have bought them first, but on the package they show 1.2 volt. These however can be bumped up to 1.39 to 1.43 volt using the above mentioned charger. Energizer are a slow drain battery. Once battery voltage drops to 1.0 to 1.2 volt the camera will not function properly, or not at all.

REB 73

Think i'll stay with Energizer Max replace every 6 months
adds around $1.60 a month. JMO

Digital cameras no not like akaline batteries. The batteries I mentioned are some of the best around they are low discharge batteries are run about 2 dollars apiece then eneloops charge to about 1.48 to 1.52 the immedions run 1.45 to 1.48 if running rechargeables it's best to get a quality charger thy conditions the batteries etc. I also have energizer rechargeables while there a decent battery they don't compare to the other 2 I mentioned

Nvoss

Put lithiums in a busnell cam batteries have lasted two seasons and still show full battery life. Camera is on corn so thousands of pics on these batteries. I'd rather use lithium. My luck rechargeables would be to low to trigger when the 200 inch deer steps out. Haha. Not worth the hassle keeping up with what's charged and what's not.

leemckinney

I have tried several brands across the years and never found any that were worth the money.

ldavid008

I've used rechargeable NiMH AA's for years for both a trail cam and a gps for work. I've had bad luck with Duracells, but have had excellent results using Energizers.

I use them 3-4 days a week for work and the current set I have is two years old and are just now starting lose their charge quicker than normal.

The set in my cam is also two years old, but I've only recharged them twice so far. Once when new and once before I set it out last February for ten months. It took alot of pics over the spring/summer and the season and still going strong.