New Norm at School

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
In OK now, MO is considering them.
Takes one minute to fill with a class of elementary kids.
Who would have thought we would come to this.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
It’s a sad day in America when we have to resort to this.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
That's like wreckin your vehicle to test the seatbelt.. Stupid IMO.

Stunts for marketing is nothing new, no matter how silly.

The other marketing video on you tube doesn't have an embed link. Demos getting a class of kids into it. Properly anchored it serves as a tornado shelter as well.

Good idea or not this is where we are at as a people.

T-N-T

That will work WAY better than ANY law that could be passed.

SGADawg

Ever school that i know of has block or brick interior and exterior walls. Why not just put in bullet resistant doors and windows. Lock down equals problem solved.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Of course, the latest thing as of last week is the use of "Backs-Packs" with a type of body armor built into them to help shield people from bullets. This is similar to the current body armor that Law Enforcement uses that can installed and also removed when necessary. I saw a recent story on it that stated that lots of people are already lined up trying to buy this type of item for their kids safety.

It is a CRAZY world that we live in these days. It got even CRAZIER in the fact that even though the FBI and other LEO personnel had previously been advised about this latest shooter and his threats over a period of time, they completely ignored this threat that became a REALITY !!!

I don't think that it is right for ANY person to have to worry about their safety while attending any school.

What the heck has happened to our schools these days???? When I went to school, the teachers and students got along fine and most every teacher knew my parents on a first name basis and I knew that if I did something wrong, my rear-end was going to suffer the consequences at school that was given to me by that particular teacher AND THEN ALSO WHEN I GOT HOME AND IT WAS RE-APPLIED TO MY REAR-END BY MY FATHER. :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

When I was in high school, there were lots of times that we had our rifles or shotguns in our vehicles so that we could go hunting right after school. There were even guns hanging in the gun-racks in pickups for others to see while parked at school BUT nobody bothered them or thought anything about it. That was life as I grew up in the country.

I am a firm believer that "Social Media" of whatever type has ruined our country and world as we used to know it. YES, I do blame parents for allowing their kids to have EVERY kind of device known, just to "keep up with the Jones" so to speak. Well, our Daughter never even had a cellphone until she was in college and she has turned out to be one of the most honest, respectable, smartest, and most responsible person on this earth.

My late wife and I NEVER have had a single problem of any kind with our Daughter from the time that she was born to the current day. I give thanks to GOD every day for such a wonderful Daughter too.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Of course, the latest thing as of last week is the use of "Backs-Packs" with a type of body armor built into them to help shield people from bullets. This is similar to the current body armor that Law Enforcement uses that can installed and also removed when necessary. I saw a recent story on it that stated that lots of people are already lined up trying to buy this type of item for their kids safety.

It is a CRAZY world that we live in these days. It got even CRAZIER in the fact that even though the FBI and other LEO personnel had previously been advised about this latest shooter and his threats over a period of time, they completely ignored this threat that became a REALITY !!!

I don't think that it is right for ANY person to have to worry about their safety while attending any school.

What the heck has happened to our schools these days???? When I went to school, the teachers and students got along fine and most every teacher knew my parents on a first name basis and I knew that if I did something wrong, my rear-end was going to suffer the consequences at school that was given to me by that particular teacher AND THEN ALSO WHEN I GOT HOME AND IT WAS RE-APPLIED TO MY REAR-END BY MY FATHER. :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

When I was in high school, there were lots of times that we had our rifles or shotguns in our vehicles so that we could go hunting right after school. There were even guns hanging in the gun-racks in pickups for others to see while parked at school BUT nobody bothered them or thought anything about it. That was life as I grew up in the country.

I am a firm believer that "Social Media" of whatever type has ruined our country and world as we used to know it. YES, I do blame parents for allowing their kids to have EVERY kind of device known, just to "keep up with the Jones" so to speak. Well, our Daughter never even had a cellphone until she was in college and she has turned out to be one of the most honest, respectable, smartest, and most responsible person on this earth.

My late wife and I NEVER have had a single problem of any kind with our Daughter from the time that she was born to the current day. I give thanks to GOD every day for such a wonderful Daughter too.

Go to Amazon and try to purchase a bullet proof backpack. The level of stock is insightful.

Patriot44

Banned
Go to Amazon and try to purchase a bullet proof backpack. The level of stock is insightful.

My wife is already on it since our HS has had three lockdown in a week.....and we live in a nice area, could happen anywhere.