....and so - our 2018 quest begins...

Jim Boyd

Here we go, guys and girls.

My prayer is that we all have a wonderful and gratifying year.

I bushhogged what will be a new food plot in 2019 on Friday evening and this guy was in the newly mown area on Saturday. We will keep these new areas mowed through 2018 and fortunately, the lime truck can get to these fields, which will total about 6 acres.

Cheers - be safe!

Attachments

• 8107CC22-4BB6-48CF-9983-76AC123E7291.jpg
    8107CC22-4BB6-48CF-9983-76AC123E7291.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 981
  • 6D026924-DF5E-40F8-A1A3-19D6ED68A9BB.jpg
    6D026924-DF5E-40F8-A1A3-19D6ED68A9BB.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 989

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Ya see all you gotta do is mow it down once in a while and he will be up in there the next day. Works everytime. :cheers:

Longhorn 16

This past Saturday I watched a buck at 20 yards for 30 minutes and it was driving me nuts. Those big knots on his head and all could think was who is he???

He made my turkey hunt a memorable one.

Jim Boyd

I don’t know if it works every time, Mr. Bya - but our deer love a newly mowed area.

I think natural curiosity, being drawn to an opening in the woods and then, eventually - the new, fresh growth that occurs in mowed areas all contribute to the deer gravitating toward these openings.

Jim Boyd

Don’t have 50’ers but have a lot of between 20 and 25!

Our land is very well suited for lower stands for rifle hunting (we have many stands that are 5-6’ to the floor) but since I gave up the rifle, I have relied more and more on height.

I don’t do any stand builds or mods that come in less than 20’.

Best of luck to all -

Gumpbuck

Don’t have 50’ers but have a lot of between 20 and 25!

Our land is very well suited for lower stands for rifle hunting (we have many stands that are 5-6’ to the floor) but since I gave up the rifle, I have relied more and more on height.

I don’t do any stand builds or mods that come in less than 20’.

Best of luck to all -

Just poking the bear a little bit Jim. Been following your other posts and I know you are a fan of the 20+ foot ladder stand. I'm also waiting for the opportunity to place an order for your stand installer invention.