Remember Jerry Clower???

trkyhntr70

I was helping my father out recently and something reminded me of a Jerry Clower story..
We used to listen to the cassettes over and over...
:bounce:
Honestly I like so many of the stories I cant recall a favorite..... Remember, Highball,Uncle Versy, an poor ol Marcel:bounce::bounce:
Wish I could find it on cd..

jason308

His CDs are still available....I bought one not too long ago from WalMart or somewhere......Got to see him live one time when I was a young 'un.....That was awesome!!! Wish he was still around.....

CAL

Yep,like you all,I miss ole Jerry too.Saw him once at a farm show.He had hundreds of folks just rolling in the grass.Good clean fun with no bad language whatsoever.Yep,I miss you too Jerry!

secondseason

Retired Administrator
I loved Jerry Clower, hadn't thought of him in a while. I don't know which of the women Ledbetters said it but she said when her son had gotten dirty that "it would be easier to have another un than to clean you up"

or them having dinner and the power went out causin Uncle Versie to end up with six forks in the back of his hand going for the last piece of chicken.

Thank you for the memories!

GrlsHnt2

I bought 3 cd's for my dad for Christmas a few years ago. I think I found them at Wally World.

specialk

saw him in concert in ptree city back in the early 80's.....he was a good'en, wish we had more like him..........

Arrow3

I saw Jerry at the Grand Ole Opry one time...He's a hoot!

Snakeman

The Snake Charmer ate breakfast with Jerry at the campground at Holiday Beach in Douglas. Jerry ate cereal (I don't remember what kind). The Snake Charmer's nephew was under the picnic table, trying to pick the "bumps" off of Jerry's ostrich skin boots.

"If I'm lyin', I'm dyin'"

The Snakeman

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
...Y'all done flung a cravin on me! :bounce:

One of the best country comedians for sure .

patchestc

saw him at the ag expo in moultrie one time, he was doing a show
sponsored by massey ferguson. once in 94 he came to a grand
opening of a car dealership in Waycross. signed a picture for my
then 10 yr old son. one great entertainer.

O

Otis

never got to see him, but know alot of his stories, he is / was the best when it came to making humor out of an ordinary day. My favorite was the coon hunting monkey.

"if there is one thing that monkey hates worse than a coon, its a lying coon dog!"

dixie

Just shoot up here amongest us, one of us has to have some relief!!!! I miss him a bunch

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
saw him at the ag expo in moultrie one time, he was doing a show sponsored by massey ferguson. once in 94 he came to a grand opening of a car dealership in Waycross. signed a picture for mythen 10 yr old son. one great entertainer.

I also saw him at the Ag Expo, he was so funny.... And you can find his CD's at WalMart, I bought my Dad and Grandpa a couple for Christmas last year.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
"Just shoot up here amongst us, cause one of us has to get some relief". (Tale of the sooped-up Mississippi Wildcat)

Now that was one of Jerry's funniest tales for sure. It was amazing that Jerry NEVER used profanity during any of his appearances BUT he sure was the funniest guy in the business. He appealed to an audience of all ages and he always put a smile on your face and laughter in your heart. Every time I listen to one of his tales, it makes me feel as though I am right there with all of the characters involved and it makes me feel as though I really am a participant in the tale being told. I love listening to several of Jerry's CD's especially while flying back and forth to Texas. I know that people sitting around me must think that I am crazy because I am laughing most of the time even though I may have heard the same tales many times before. These CD's and several by Toby Keith sure make the flight time pass quickly. I remember dozens of his tales over the years and I really like the one about "The She-Coon of the Women's Lib Movement. His tales are so funny that your sides will hurt from laughing so hard. It just never gets old. I sure miss Jerry. Try Walmart, that is where I bought Jerry's CD's.

Oldstick

Are you hurt?? Nawwwww SIRRRR!!!! I am fine!!!!!!

56willysnut

I remember his commercials for Woooooo Magic Bait!! on Saturdays.