Remember Jerry Clower???

BubbaD

"The 1st college football I ever saw I played in"

"It didnt take me long to figure out I wasnt the man what run with the football"

"The worst dog fight I ever saw was over a pot of boiled okry...........both dogs were fightin...but didnt one of them know what they wuz fighten about :rofl:

I had the good fortune of seeing him 3 times in the 80's. One time he was performing at the Cobb Civic Center and I was on about the 5th or 6th row. He mentioned a book he had written and I happened to have it with me and held it up. He hollered and said.."Now I love everyone....but I love you just a little bit more cause you got my book" :biggrin2:
I'll never forget that. The name of the book is "Aint God Good". I had him sign it on two different occasions.

Last edited:
P

potsticker

I think the big jon story is my fovorite. If you aint big jon im gone!

BubbaD

"yes he is! He is good at what he does....BUUT first I have to saw up the pulp wood Before he can pilot"

Mark Brooks

My girls are always yelling: "Lion in the Yard!! Lion in the Yard!!"

My dad clips his golden every spring and we beg him to clip him like a lion just once. He can't bring himself to do that to his dog!!

We listen to Jerry's CD in my truck every so often and the girls still laugh (14 and 10). I wish I could have seen him live.

God memories

MB

JShane

"Hold ole Blue, Hold ole Blue"

Got to see him when I ws a youngin in the 80's myself. Signed my ball cap. Wish I still had that hat. Crow, thanks for the insight into such a fine Southern Gentleman.
"Down went ole Della, Graveyard dead"
"Jerry that feller made you so mad I killed three of his cows."

BubbaD

"...and......Had a Rat killin....If I'm lyin I'm Dyin...we had rat killens in those days"

"I ate so much boiled okry growin up I couldnt keep my socks up"