Are hermaphrodites an abomination?

gordon 2

No, they have confirmed that women are generally smarter than men.

gordon 2

Is that what that is in your avatar?:bounce:

I always liked your avatar. Reminds me of some folk I shot with at the range. For the most part their pistol pointing made up for the fact they could not toilet standing up.

ALLBEEF

:bounce: - I thought that was purty good one - but I was talking about the one in ambush80 avatar - the tall girl/man whatever it is:bounce:

Why would God create an abomination?

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod

No they are not.

There are many different categories of hermaphrodites. I once read of a hermaphrodite who basically looked like a barbie doll between the legs. No distingishable outer sex organs at all. Internally, this person had one testicle and what appeared to be an ovary. Neither the testicle or ovary functioned.
Some have both male and female sex organs but have facial hair and chest hair. One man(at least that's the way he identifies himself) has male sex organs and he has a uteris and a monthly period.

These 10's of thousands of people in this country create a difficultly for us Christians who are so ademently against homosexuality.

It isn't as easy as I once thought it was.

LKS2

I believe Jamie Lee Curtis is a confirmed one. One of those news shows like Dateline did a special on the subject one time. It was about parents having to make a choice whether to surgically alter the child or not. Better ask your parents what the Dr did to you after you were born. You might not be who you think you are.

idsman75

God does not create abominations. However, all of creation (including our bodies) are impacted by the original sin down to the weeds we pull from our gardens. People who are born with one specific gender identity (probably the wrong phrase here) are no more "good" than someone who is born with both male and female characteristics. Even if it is possible to say that one is born with homosexual tendencies (the jury is still out on that), it is our spirit and our spiritual life that is eternal. How we respond in our actions to those natural tendencies to sin defines whether we are walking right or not. A hermaphrodite is no more an abomination than someone born with a parasitic twin. Our physical bodies will all die and return to dust. Our new bodies will be perfect. How we live our lives in response to our different set of given circumstances will define our obedience to the Creator.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR

ambush80

God does not create abominations. However, all of creation (including our bodies) are impacted by the original sin down to the weeds we pull from our gardens. People who are born with one specific gender identity (probably the wrong phrase here) are no more "good" than someone who is born with both male and female characteristics. Even if it is possible to say that one is born with homosexual tendencies (the jury is still out on that), it is our spirit and our spiritual life that is eternal. How we respond in our actions to those natural tendencies to sin defines whether we are walking right or not. A hermaphrodite is no more an abomination than someone born with a parasitic twin. Our physical bodies will all die and return to dust. Our new bodies will be perfect. How we live our lives in response to our different set of given circumstances will define our obedience to the Creator.

Who should a christian hermaphrodite be attracted to? Men or women?

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod

In the case of a hermaphrodite, I don't think the question can be answered. Only the mind of the individual can determine which gender they will be attracted to. Often, they aren't attracted to either gender. Sometimes, a hermaphrodite spends their entire life trying to decide if they are male or female.

idsman75

I'm not a hermaphrodite expert but I have heard 2 things:

1. The condition is generally changed via surgery at a very young age. So I have been told before but I could be wrong.

2. Only one set of the reproductive organs is functional. Once again, this is what I have been told but I could be wrong.

However, to answer your question, I'll say that a great deal of prayer for the work of the Holy Spirit in one's life should be applied. We are all born impacted by sin in one way or a dozen others--even biologically. Birth defects, homosexual tendencies, and all the rest are results of the fall of man. We all have different burdens of the flesh. Some are more visible and tangible than others. Doing the will of God with regards to how we use our bodies to honor Him is something that must be prayed about constantly because it is our flesh that tempts us--probably a lot more often than some devil with horns sitting on our shoulders and whispering in our ears. It is our sin (even after we are saved) that sometimes clouds our spiritual judgement with regards to how we interpret God's will for our lives. It's not crystal clear because we don't always listen. I've heard God speak to me but not with me ears--with my spirit. It's hard to explain but it only came after a great deal of prayer and a degree of fasting. The Holy Spirit laid a burden on my soul--a burden of obedience. I had to pray like mad and practically cry out to God to fully discern what He wanted me to do. I'm not going to go into details but it is something that I struggled with at that point in time in my life. He made it clear to me what I should do. I believe that this is possible for all men and women. I'm not perfect. I'm a sinner who is justified by the blood and is being regenerated by the Holy Spirit.

If a hermaphrodite struggles in the spirit and truly discerns the Lord's will and still fails to find that will and sins unknowingly, that person is still covered by the blood of the Lamb. This person's struggle with the flesh is no different than your struggle or my struggle. It is when we give up struggling against the sins of the flesh and just give in to what "feels good" that we begin to quench the fire of the Holy Spirit in our hearts. THAT is the sin that we truly must seek to avoid in our spiritual lives. Our bodies are temples but they are shells for something that is eternal. We'll have new ones someday. We must be willing to absolutely hate this life as Paul said to the point that "to die is gain".

ambush80

In the case of a hermaphrodite, I don't think the question can be answered. Only the mind of the individual can determine which gender they will be attracted to. Often, they aren't attracted to either gender. Sometimes, a hermaphrodite spends their entire life trying to decide if they are male or female.

sounds familiar.......

dapper dan

I can't believe this was actually posted. Like the other guy said, if your born with downs or sickle cell it ain't your fault. I only sometimes look at this side of the forum. But really let's talk about something important, like how our IRA accounts are dropping by the day. Please god, make our economic crisis fly far far away.:bounce:

idsman75

The heck with that!!!! I'm gonna enjoy myself and encourage other to do the same!!!

You've misinterpreted what Paul said. "This life" refers to all the trappings of the flesh and the physical world. The thought of standing in the very presence of Jesus Christ for eternity should be enough. It is our duty to live. For "to live is Christ".

The purpose of this is to illustrate that it doesn't matter what reproductive organs we have or whether we have any at all. What matters is that God put us here for a reason and that purpose is to glorify Him and enjoy Him forever. We get too wrapped up in the physical here and now beyond how we are told to glorify God with our bodies instead of having a Kingdom mindset.