What is the context of the holy place in

gordon 2

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand), then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains..." Matt. 24 15-16

What is the context of the holy place in Matt 24 or what is the holy place? I have found there are many understandings on it. If I was to say that the holy place for me is initially the heart of the man/woman of faith but this is perhaps not the case at all, as it is perhaps not derived from the bible itself, but from my imagination.

In any case could you share what the holy place is for you, and why?

Last edited:

Madman

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand), then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains..." Matt. 24 15-16

What is the context of the holy place in Matt 24 or what is the holy place? I have found there are many understandings on it. If I was to say that the holy place for me is initially the heart of the man/woman of faith but this is perhaps not the case at all, as it is perhaps not derived from the bible itself, but from my imagination.

In any case could you share what the holy place is for you, and why?

As in Mark 13 Jesus is teaching his disciples about the destruction of the temple and the end of days.

The holiest place I can be is at Mass. In the real presence of the body, blood, and divinity, of Christ.