Fishing Tribute to friends. Pic Heavy!

Money man

Pic heavy and long, pics to follow by scrolling, I hope you enjoy.:cheers:

I wasn’t around when Woody’s Campfire forum was originally created. I never had the opportunity to meet the man affectionately known as Woody and revered by so many. I wasn’t here to enjoy his leadership and his love of the outdoors and I wasn’t here to mourn his loss. However; I am here now, enjoying the fruits of his labor and I hope honoring his vision of bringing those who love the outdoors together in fellowship, environmental stewardship, and enjoying the blessings of God that can be found in nature.

The following report is in Honor and dedicated to “Woody” and his good works and each person of the GON forum that continues his legacy daily.

Signed: Money Man

The GON forum is what we make of it. For some, it is a place to seek and share advice, for others, a place to share stories and pictures, while others choose to remain silent and live vicariously through the stories of others. For me, it's a little of all of the above; except the silent part, I have not yet mastered that. However, as much enjoyment as I get from these things, nothing so far has matched the experiences of actually meeting other members in person and doing a little fishing with them. I like to approach it as a trade or even a barter if you wish. Granted, I don’t have a lot to offer in return except for some time in a little electric only fishing reservoir as far as boating adventures go but I can guarantee some laughs and smiles, and maybe even some good stories. So far, my experiences have been great and the friends I have made are of such quality, that I consider myself one very lucky man. The following report contains two of my most recent fishing adventures with fellow forum members and friends.

Part 1:

Last week, I spent some quality time on one of the prettiest little pieces of water I have seen in a long time at the Ocmulgee PFA. KBswear aka Keith took the time out of his busy schedule to let me join him last Thursday as I was traveling back home from south Georgia after meeting with clients that morning. I had been up since early that morning and logged about 400 miles total that day so KB got the tired version of me in the back of his boat but he was ever the sport as he showed me around the rising timber of the PFA. From his prior fishing reports, there were two things I really wanted to see that day… big bass and alligators! While the bass were not cooperating with us, we did get to see a beautiful little gator girl out there that looked like Alice as mentioned in another report by JAlawson. I snapped a pic but never could get close enough to really get a good shot at her. Keith, I shortchanged us on pictures that day and I can only blame myself for not breaking out my camera to document that trip better, I guess because I was busy trying to figure out where that lunker was hiding, there were so many potential spots she could have been lying in wait. However, I know we are going to do it again and your trip to the T haw will have plenty of pics to make up for it! Thank you Keith, that time on the water made the travel that day worth it and I appreciate you for it. Next time I come down, I am going to be prepared for those gnats that flew off with some of my fishing lures in their mouths. Meanwhile, you just let those Mulgee Monster Bass know that ‘I’ll be back!” (spoken like the terminator)

Part 2:

Electric only lakes seems to be my forte, mainly because I don’t own a big boat with a big motor, well, not one for fishing anyways! I like the quiet water and smooth surfaces you can find in the NO WAKE ZONES of electric only. Well, that theory was shot to Hades yesterday as I took up Cardsfan aka: Lousiville “take your head off with a tree limb” Lee and his offer for a fishing trip to remember on some very skinny water somewhere in northwest GA. He proved that quiet no wake zones can be found in remote locations where only the jets can get you!

Here’s how it went down! Cardsfan and I made a deal, he would take me out on a jet powered floating Canadian tank through some of the roughest terrain known to man, through stump fields and over blow downs in chase of the elusive line sided monsters that he and Julie often report on and in return, I would drag him out into 100 degree weather in the back of an electric powered 3 hp riverhawk to chase “greenies” with artificial bait! I don’t know how in the world I sold him on this trade but I did and thus, the deal was struck!

The morning started early as I met Jeff C near the interstate and we started our journey before sunrise. Lee has sent me directions but made me promise to blind fold Jeff as we drove the course as to avoid giving away the fishery location. Later that day, Lee performed some kind of black magic on us both that made us forget the location of where we were fishing. Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, I am not sure, somewhere up near the corner in no man’s land.

The day was starting out perfect as the sun rose from the east and we made the drive.

Photobucket

We got to the ramp a little before 9 that morning and that gave us a chance to get ready for the day on the water. Jeff C did some angler stretches and gave some instructions on reeling preparedness. Jeff had recently invested in the Cletus T training videos for anglers and I am considering making the investment myself in the 3 day boot camp that Cletus is offering in his infomercials.

Photobucket

Note the obvious fashion faux pas as Jeff wears crocs with NO socks! Shoalbass would be horrified!

Photobucket

Then to my amazement, Jeff dropped and knocked out 20 diamond pushups right there in front of God and everybody. It was a sight to behold and man did it get us fired up!

Photobucket

It was at that time that the military showed up with their tank and jets and General Lee hopped out to greet us. When I say tank, I am referring to his Outlaw Eagle that is built like a tank and jet powered. When he cranked this thing up, it sounded bad to the bone!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lee declined to join us in the diamond pushups, stating that he had already loosend up before making the drive to the ramp! A short time later, it was time to catch some bait. Let me tell you, Lee is an expert bait catcher! I counted two casts that yielded no bait, the rest were loaded up. I told him that I would take him to Vegas any day if he could produce like that on the black jack table!

Photobucket

I was given the job of keeping count of the shad and Jeff had to fill the tank with water, given his diamond pushup ability. Let me tell you something folks, counting shad is a tough job! Those suckers wouldn’t keep still no matter what I tried, I had to keep starting over. I think it was a trick, just busy work to keep me out of the way while Lee threw that net.

A few short minutes later and that jet was at full throttle and we were off!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now, as I eluded to earlier, I don’t want to say that Lee was trying to kill me but folks, we hit some tight spots and granted, he had warned me to watch out for trees and man……I am glad I listened! Lee took us under a tree and ole Money Man (that would be me) had to duck to keep my face from eating a tree limb!

Photobucket

A little while later, we were at the spot in search of some fish and it wouldn’t be long before we found them! Line sides and “greenies” both, they loved these shad. It wasn’t long till we had “fish on’ and I worked to bring that beauty to the boat.

Photobucket

Now I have learned a lesson from this forum so I made Jeff get down with the camera on the bottom of the boat floor and take a shot of me holding the fish. This way we make it look like an offspring of Godzilla and freakishly big! Note that all the pics I took of Jeff, I climbed up into a tree and took the down shot to make the fish look as small as possible! What are friends for?

Photobucket

The next line to sing belonged to Lee and we thought he had a nice striper until we heard a loud meow coming from the water. A little kitty had come out to play and as Lee held it in his hands, I could see it trembling…..just as prophesized by Lee’s shirt!

Photobucket

Well Jeff C was having nothing to do with the smell of skunk in the air so he got busy, turned his hat around backwards and nailed a large mouth bass on his next cast.

Photobucket

Three fish caught so far and we can’t decide what species we are after. Boom, fish on, another LM for me and a striper for Jeff and a greenie for Lee.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Another round of fish and the quality is getting better but still mixed with line sides and greenies.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were having a great time, reeling in these fish and telling stories and laughing and joking. It was like we were all old friends even though we had just met a short time ago. I can’t brag enough on Lee and the hospitality that he showed us. The man worked his backside off to put us on fish and even kept us baited up with shad when we chummed the water accidentally.

We had finished lunch and about that time, Mr. No Shoulders showed up for a swim across the river. He stayed clear of us and we stayed clear of him but it got me so stoked up and tight that I needed to take a mid afternoon Angler Stretch!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The day continued on with more line sides and greenies coming into the boat and by the end of the day, we were chumming them up with our left over shad. I learned a lesson that day, that when Lee starts chumming the water with shad, don’t stand to the right of him! Lee, don’t worry, I think I got all of the shad flakes out of my ear late this afternoon and my hearing finally returned to normal. I had shared with Lee that I had tried chumming the water before when I went fishing the T haw but it seemed like it never worked for me. I told him that I had gone through 3 and 4 packs of zoom trick worms at a time in my chumming efforts and it just never produced a feeding frenzy like those shad did! I might have to check into a live bait tank and a cast net!

In the end, the sun was setting, we were worn out and we headed back to the secret location where our trucks were parked. I still don’t know how we got home that night because the whole conversation home, all we talked about was how great the day was and what a class act Lee was in sharing this fishing experience with us.

Lee, I know we said it already but once again….what a great day! Both you and Jeff, and KBS, and all of the other guys I have met from this forum just really bring something to the legacy that Woody worked to build. The love of the sport, the fellowship and natural friendships that follow, I am lucky to call you guys friends.

I can’t wait till the next trip!

Last edited:

Robert Eidson

GONetwork Member
Great post Moneyman !!!!! Sorry I had to back out on you guys my brother is in the hospital and I didn't want to get to far from home.....I will catch up to you guys next time..

Thanks for the post and pictures now I feel like I was there with you guys.......

Firstbite......

kbswear

Great thread with Great pics buddy. Wow, that water looked awesome...........and dang what a boat. I hope that alot of us fellow enthusiast can get together one day or for that matter maybe even a weekend camping trip. I too was dissapointed that i didnt get the camera out on our venture. I love to take pics but it just slipped my mind. We were so busy talking and enjoying each others company that i just never thought about it. It sounds and looks as if you guys had a great time and that is what its all about my friends.

I did get a little redemption for us yesterday. I was able to land a 4lb 10oz big mouth.

Untill next time.... HAPPY FISHING FRIENDS.

Money man

Great post Moneyman !!!!! Sorry I had to back out on you guys my brother is in the hospital and I didn't want to get to far from home.....I will catch up to you guys next time..

Thanks for the post and pictures now I feel like I was there with you guys.......

Firstbite......

Robert, you were missed but we understood. I hope your brother is ok and out of the hospital soon!

Great thread with Great pics buddy. Wow, that water looked awesome...........and dang what a boat. I hope that alot of us fellow enthusiast can get together one day or for that matter maybe even a weekend camping trip. I too was dissapointed that i didnt get the camera out on our venture. I love to take pics but it just slipped my mind. We were so busy talking and enjoying each others company that i just never thought about it. It sounds and looks as if you guys had a great time and that is what its all about my friends.

I did get a little redemption for us yesterday. I was able to land a 4lb 10oz big mouth.

Untill next time.... HAPPY FISHING FRIENDS.

KB, good deal on the bass, that is a nice size. I figure as the temp drops a little, they may loosen up and come out and play a little more. Keep dialing them in!

Robert Eidson

GONetwork Member
Robert, you were missed but we understood. I hope your brother is ok and out of the hospital soon!

KB, good deal on the bass, that is a nice size. I figure as the temp drops a little, they may loosen up and come out and play a little more. Keep dialing them in!

Moneyman, I am taking Cletus and Jeff C out this winter. I would like for you to come with us .......

Money man

Moneyman, I am taking Cletus and Jeff C out this winter. I would like for you to come with us .......

Yeehaw!!!!! Count me in Robert and thank you!!! I can even bring turkey sandwiches! Just ask Lee, I make a mean turkey sandwich.....but will you make me count shad? If so, I am bringing my clicker I have to use when playing golf. 150 shad, 150 strokes of the club....should work the same. :bounce:

Last edited:

kbswear

Yeehaw!!!!! Count me in Robert and thank you!!! I can even bring turkey sandwiches! Just ask Lee, I make a mean turkey sandwich.....but will you make me count shad? If so, I am bringing my clicker I have to sue when playing golf. 150 shad, 150 strokes of the club....should work the same. :bounce:

Man, you yankee's have it so made!!:cheers:

CardsFan

Brian, if you ever want to change professions, you have a future career awaiting you as a photo journalist! :bounce:

That's an awesome summary of the day and great pics to go along with it. I couldn't agree more on the mention of it seemed like we all had been friends for a long time.

Folks, when you fish with Brian and Jeff, you can expect a ton of laughs and some good serious conversations to boot! Well, the serious talk didn't last too long, since after all, we were out to have some fun and we accomplished that mission. I'm just sorry we lost the bigger stripers that we hooked up on. :banginghe

BTW, the greenie Jeff is holding is 5 pounds, and etiher Brian or Jeff had another at around 4 pounds. I lost track after a while! But that was perfect because I have never caught so many greenies in that creek as we did yesterday.

I really enjoyed meeting and fishing with you guys, and you can bet money (man) there will be a part II.

Robert, really sorry to hear about your bro but I'm sure he will make a full recovery. Missed you on the boat. Just FYI, Jeff doesn't say much - he reminded me of you in that respect. ::ke:

Last edited:

sinclair1

That looks like a blast,I enjoyed the pics but I didnt see you in any of them. It was cool that you met George Clooney out on the river. Only George would wear a pretty white shirt on a river trip ::ke:::ke:::ke:

CardsFan

That looks like a blast,I enjoyed the pics but I didnt see you in any of them. It was cool that you met George Clooney out on the river. Only George would wear a pretty white shirt on a river trip ::ke:::ke:::ke:

Sinclair, you should have seen Money Man's pliers complete with holster. I knew he was no casual fisherman when I saw that - he means business!

Here's a couple of pics I took...

Waiting for the digital scales to stabilize for Jeff's big greenie. The suspense must have been what it was like for Raymond when he was weighing that record BB Boom fish a while back.

BrianAndJeff_0001.jpg

Brian and I were a little worried that Jeff was proposing to this fish. We let out a sigh of relief when we realized he was just removing the hook!

BrianAndJeff_0002.jpg

Money man

Lee, I wasn't going to mention the monsters that Jeff lost when they broke his line. I already had to hear his whimpering about it all the way home.

Sinclair...man....that is my lucky white shirt. Don't worry, it didn't stay clean for long. But it cleaned right back up after I got all of those shad scales off of it. You think that shirt is pretty, you should see my topwater baits with flames painted on them! :hammers:

sinclair1

Lee, I wasn't going to mention the monsters that Jeff lost when they broke his line. I already had to hear his whimpering about it all the way home.

Sinclair...man....that is my lucky white shirt. Don't worry, it didn't stay clean for long. But it cleaned right back up after I got all of those shad scales off of it. You think that shirt is pretty, you should see my topwater baits with flames painted on them! :hammers:
:rofl::rofl::rofl: I left an opening and you took it:D

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
This thread deserved much more than I could have presented, so we gave The Money Man the task,as we knew he would project it in a manner that we could be proud of. He even dresses up for the occasion::ke:
Also, Thank you Brian for requesting that I tag a long.

Robert....first of all I'm sorry to hear about your brother,I hope he is doing better and sorry you weren't able to make it. We spoke of you on this trip and I even told Brian that I was going ask you if he could accompany Cletus and me on that Winter time trip with you. That won't be necessary now, obviously. That was mighty fine of you.

I don't know what to say about being included on this trip with Lee and Brian, other than how fortunate I have been since joining this Forum some months ago. Without Woody's, I would not have met these fine people from here.
Money man covered that topic all to well, on this subject.

With that being said....I have to throw out another(probably 20 already) Thanks to CardsFan for showing us such a good time and working so hard to put us on fish. I just hope he had as good a time as I did. I felt very priviledged just to meet him and be included.:cheers:

BTW Lee...I wasn't in a talkative mood yesterday:huh:
Oh yeah....Money man I think CardsFan was trying to help you out a little while chumming....he was attempting to dirty up the designer shirt for you:biggrin2:

anglerEd

Thanks for a great post...

and I love that boat!

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Sinclair, you should have seen Money Man's pliers complete with holster. I knew he was no casual fisherman when I saw that - he means business!

Here's a couple of pics I took...

Waiting for the digital scales to stabilize for Jeff's big greenie. The suspense must have been what it was like for Raymond when he was weighing that record BB Boom fish a while back.

BrianAndJeff_0001.jpg

Brian and I were a little worried that Jeff was proposing to this fish. We let out a sigh of relief when we realized he was just removing the hook!

BrianAndJeff_0002.jpg

Lee wouldn't let me use the Boga's on Green fish,:whip: as they are reserved specifically for Striper. Brian and I are disputing the accuracy of these scales, as Lee had to search the entire boat and then give them a couple taps with his needle nose, to power up. Brian and I just knew the actual weight of this Green Fish,:shoot: we were forced to refer to them as, was better than the almost 8 lbs. the digital pulled down to.:stir:

As far as proposing to that little green trout, what they didn't know was..... I was letting out a sigh of relief.... after finally removing the hook from my finger.....as he flipped and embedded me with it:rofl:

CardsFan

LOL Jeff, yeah, I tried to recalibrate those Bogas back to "actual" weight yesterday since I usually calibrate them to show 15 pounds over actual weight when my family is in town. I knew you and Brian would have caught on to me. :biggrin3:

BTW, just kidding on you being a quiet person. You've already fished with Robert, so you know he isn't the silent type.

Again, I absolutely enjoyed spending the day with you guys. Next time we get together Julie can join hopefully us. She'll show all three of us how to catch the truly big ones. :bounce:

Gut_Pile

Awesome write up and pics MM. Also nice pics Cardsfan. Looks like yall had a blast! Thanks for sharing!