clover

gadeerwoman

Mowed mine yesterday. Deer beds everywhere in it. Got to get it sprayed this weekend if possible....getting too grassy.

huntininmilan

I'm not Sandra but i sprayed mine with a combination of SLAY & ARREST, but i sprayed mine about 3-4 weeks ago!

Dub

man I wish we had a lush bed of clover in every one of our plots

Paddle

Do you want the clover to head out before you cut it?

gadeerwoman

I actually try to cut mine before most of it blooms. Seems like once it blooms, it goes semi-dormant for a while. I want it to continue to produce leaves and not so much seed. Lots of plants once they produce seed heads think their job is done so they stop producing as many leaves. With the dry weather on my plots right now I figure reseeding is gonna be spotty anyway.

milliam

How long does it take for the Sethoxydim to kill the grass? We sprayed our plots 3 weeks ago and they doesn't seem to be much of a change.

Tommy

gadeerwoman

Took mine close to 4 weeks before I fully noticed it. I was cussing the stuff cause I didn't think it had worked. Took longer that I had expected. Did you get any rain on it shortly after spraying? Did you use a surfactant along with the sethoxydim?

milliam

We used Poast with some crop oil. I think it rained a few days after.

I'll give it some more time. I heard it was slow acting, but I couldn't remember how slow.

Thanks.
Tommy

gadeerwoman

I was about to give up and spray again before mine turned brown. Give it another week or so. Remember it works slower in cooler temps too and we've had some cool nights lately.

Paddle

Does the clover continue to stay green the summer and into the fall/winter when you cut it before it tops out?

gadeerwoman

when it gets very dry it goes a little dormant and puts out little growth and gets almost crunchy at times. Where it gets a little shade particularly afternoon shade it stays green and lush12 months a year.

Dawg In the Swamp

I sprayed and fertilized my small Duranna plots this weekend. Man it was hot and the bugs were unfriendly. I couldnt find 0-20-20 so I used 5-10-15 since it had the least amt of nitrogen.

kevincox

Be careful mowing your Durana or fertilizing it right now, because it may not rain for weeks! I mowed last year and then a drought hit, almost cost me my durana but it came back when we finally started getting rain