Morning Dinks and Afternoon Bruts w/vid

Scout'nStripers

I was back at it early this morning with an old friend and former Marine, Bill T. I usually take him out on his birthday when he can take off work and today was his birthday. We managed some stripers but they were all pretty small. Still, we had fun as always.
This afternoon I was determined to find some bigger stripers and I finally found what I was looking for during the generation period. After boating some nice big stripers I went inside the creek to see if I could cap off the evening with a drop shot bass. I was able to get a couple decent fish including the one at the end of the video to end the day. What a day it was. Here's a video from some of the action this afternoon.

99zx202c

Cool video. I got out there around 6 till 8 this evening.I couldn't locate any schools. I marked a few single fish and had only one bite.

Scout'nStripers

Cool video. I got out there around 6 till 8 this evening.I couldn't locate any schools. I marked a few single fish and had only one bite.
Thanks. When I found the group of fish in the video, I had only marked a couple fish in that area. Up to that point, I hadn't found much so I decided to drop on the two I marked. As soon as I hooked the first fish, the whole school came to life. Sometimes all it takes is one hook-up to trigger them into getting active.

StriperrHunterr

Man, you're putting that thing to work. I need to get out more during the week when they're generating. I marked a ton and they would follow it but none of them would take it on Saturday.

"This is a nice quality fish..." (Now get out of my boat...) :rofl:

jocko755

Looks like your good manners with the guide& kid that crowded you was paid back in Good Karma. Shoot the lake Gods are always smiling at you! And sadly laughing at me!

Got my spoons yesterday. Sure wish I could call in a sick day!

Scout'nStripers

"This is a nice quality fish..." (Now get out of my boat...) :rofl:
Gotta get the big ones back quick if there's any chance for them to live..

Looks like your good manners with the guide& kid that crowded you was paid back in Good Karma. Shoot the lake Gods are always smiling at you! And sadly laughing at me!

Got my spoons yesterday. Sure wish I could call in a sick day!
Thanks Jocko. It takes some work to find them. I probably covered 10 miles yesterday to find the bigger fish.

Very nice Jim. How long do you think that bite will last?
Thanks Foreigner. If we have a warm month with lots of sunshine it should last all month.

chw

Thanks for all the great video on the spoon jigging, you make it look easy even though I have not had that success. I can not buy a fish on Allatoona doing that this past two weeks even when I mark a school of linesides. I wonder why it does not seem to work at Allatoona. Looks like you are doing good every day with that technique. Hope it holds til I travel from Allatoona to Lanier this next week. What size boat are you in, I have 18 ft tracker and am worried about the wakes on that lake.

StriperrHunterr

Thanks for all the great video on the spoon jigging, you make it look easy even though I have not had that success. I can not buy a fish on Allatoona doing that this past two weeks even when I mark a school of linesides. I wonder why it does not seem to work at Allatoona. Looks like you are doing good every day with that technique. Hope it holds til I travel from Allatoona to Lanier this next week. What size boat are you in, I have 18 ft tracker and am worried about the wakes on that lake.

I had a pro17. You'll be fine, just be aware of the wakes around you and make sure to nose into them.

Scout'nStripers

Thanks for the kind works chw! I think you'll be ok in your Tracker. The crowds are thinning a little now that school has started. I'm in a white and black trim Ranger Z20.