9/10

Gut_Pile

Had an eventful opening weekend that ended in my best bow kill to date. I was able to slip into one of our best early season stands on Sunday afternoon around 5 and had one heck of an afternoon. Throughout the afternoon I had 20+ deer come through with 7 of those being bucks and 2 of them being mature. I had just drawn on a buck with a giant spike on his right side when the buck I ended up shooting also came in. I was drawn on the spike buck for 1m48s according to my GoPro video and I also had a smaller buck that had picked me off when I drew so I was in no mans land. The spike buck needed to take one more step and just wouldn't do it. I finally had to make a move over to the other buck as I simply could not hold back any longer. I was able to make a great shot and he ran 60 yards and piled up.

Truthfully, at the time, I had no idea how big he was. I hadn't had a pic of this buck in a month and has simply written him off as he was on my neighbors a mile from where I was sitting just a few days before. I was thrilled when I shot him, but totally surprised when I walked up on him with his overall size. He ended up weighing 210 lbs. Adding a few pics below including my buck from last year, and the spike buck that was also in there with him.

It was a great afternoon.

bow buck 3.jpg
bow buck 2.jpgbow buck 4.jpgbow buck 1.jpgspike tyson 1.jpgspike tyson 2.jpg

Arrow3

Congratulations Will!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Nice! That's a cool deer!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Tank of a buck ! Congrats
And cool history with him . The spike buck looks just like a 5 point I killed last season

ASH556

Congrats on a great bowkill!

Duff

That is one cool buck! Congrats!!

Ihunt

Congrats on a fine deer.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! What an awesome buck and story! You got some really cool looking bucks out there! Id love to see what’s on that go pro! Congrats :cheers: