‘Good old days of gun prices’ from Citizen’s Free Press

Anvil Head

Got my 03A3 through an add very similar to that, think it was around $65 at the time. I was only 12 so had a little help from Pop to get it done. I cut grass all summer to get the cash together. Thing was a "Hammer" for sure on both ends, but one of the most accurate rifles I've ever owned. Sadly I sold it before I knew what it was worth so I could buy a Marlin .35 lever gun.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Sadly I sold it before I knew what it was worth so I could buy a Marlin .35 lever gun.
Which is overpriced today!!!!!

Not that I don't like lever guns, I think all guns are overpriced now.

rosewood

You have to consider one thing, when those were the gun prices, the average person probably made less than $40 a week or even less. I make more per hour now than many did per week then. When you take into account inflation, lots of things we thought were cheap, are less expensive now. I remember my first car CD player was $300 and it was the bottom of the line. If you account for inflation, that thing was probably $700+ in todays $$. You can get one with 10 times the features for $100 now.

Rosewood

Gav-n-Tn

Not exactly sure… there are some Klein’s catalogs floating around on eBay from 40s, 50s, and 60s. I’m approaching 50 so someone a little more seasoned might have a better idea.
That Ruger Single Six 22 WMR kinda dates it. If the “New” is referring to just on the market, you’re looking at somewhere around ‘59-60