“Then came the morning”

olcaptain

I’ll be honest with you this AM. I had a terrible evening. I’ve been rolling on greased wheels until the pain demon from you know where jumped in my bed last night. At times like these you wonder about choices. You question your sanity. You wonder “Why did I do this to myself ?” “What was I thinking?” and…. “then comes the morning”
As I looked at my calendar and saw February 1 I knew Spring and my strength would soon be returning. As I looked back at my portrait with Max I was encouraged and reminded of years of precious adventures gone by. As I held my newly gifted vintage Wright & McGill Fly Rod and reel from Bob Brown I knew that although I might have been down last night , I am anything but out. Pain demon….you just go on now because the Good Lord isn’t done with me yet!!

Attachments

• EDE78994-6769-4EFD-9EC3-AACC5FA6E9FD.jpeg
    EDE78994-6769-4EFD-9EC3-AACC5FA6E9FD.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 8975CAC6-5AC6-4044-B29B-FA9BABC2B36C.jpeg
    8975CAC6-5AC6-4044-B29B-FA9BABC2B36C.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 80

Redbeardless

olcaptain, I hear you!!! Same age as you and have been there as well, many times. I just ask the Lord to give me strength and push on, somehow, it all gets better. Like you, I ain't done yet and I don't think he is anywhere close to being done with me!!! Looking forward to warmer days and biting fish!!!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Hope your recovery goes well Captain. That’s a nice fly rod setup. The bream will have a hard time now in the creek

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I’ll be honest with you this AM. I had a terrible evening. I’ve been rolling on greased wheels until the pain demon from you know where jumped in my bed last night. At times like these you wonder about choices. You question your sanity. You wonder “Why did I do this to myself ?” “What was I thinking?” and…. “then comes the morning”
As I looked at my calendar and saw February 1 I knew Spring and my strength would soon be returning. As I looked back at my portrait with Max I was encouraged and reminded of years of precious adventures gone by. As I held my newly gifted vintage Wright & McGill Fly Rod and reel from Bob Brown I knew that although I might have been down last night , I am anything but out. Pain demon….you just go on now because the Good Lord isn’t done with me yet!!
Been a few days now... how you feeling Capt.?