11 Pointer My 10 Year old Son Killed

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Congrats to the both of you, bud! That’s a fine buck.

Back40hunter

On the afternoon of October 14th I picked my boys up from school and we rushed home to get ready to hunt. We got to the stand around 5:15. We saw the first deer at 6:05. It was a 4 pointer and was around 275 yards up the power line. He fed in the food plot and slowly made his way towards us. When he was around 75 yards from us he slammed on the brakes and stared into the planted pines. I raised my binoculars and could see a deer standing in the pines. I couldn’t make out what it was. Both just stood there for about 45 seconds looking at each other. Finally my sons buck started making his way towards towards power line. I knew exactly which buck it was as I have had him on camera since mid July and he was the buck we were going after. When he stepped out he was right at 80 yards. My son dropped him in his tracks. We waited in disbelief for a few seconds and then everyone was giving high fives! It was an awesome hunt I’ll remember for the rest of my life. The best part for me was my youngest son got to share the moment as well.View attachment 1184424
That’s a monster. Congratulations to the young hunter. Most guys hunt all their lives without killing one that big.

wvdawg

Staff member
Mighty fine buck - congrats young man!

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Awesome!!! Congratulations to the young man, fine buck!!!