1990 Georgia tech Yellow Jackets

Big7

The Oracle
I have a good friend who is a eligibility compliance officer in the Tech AD (for at least 25 years) who says this well established fact has no basis in reality....that GT is identical to every school in the ACC as far as academic resources for athletes. The difference is GT is comfortable trotting this out as an excuse and therefor not as committed to making certain that they get good athletes and doing the work to get them eligible and keeping them eligible. Tech donors and alumni prefer this idea over the idea of doing both which they have proven time and again to be able to do. It lends Tech donors and alumni an air of academic superiority, something they rightfully ALREADY possess, which is more important than Athletics. They do the work they just do not do enough of it to keep Tech viable because the donors and alumni are OK with that....

You may be right.

I was/am in no position to speak for Tech.
Just my opinion based on hiring and working with grads from both universities for at least 3 decades.

And.... by no means degrading a degree from UGA.
I have a lot of highly educated friends with B's and M's and 2 sisters and one BIL with 3 B's and 2 M's between the 3 of them.

And... I ALWAYS pull for all Georgia teams, even when they suck. :wink: