1st Bird

gtb3440

A little late in the game, only started turkey hunting last year at age 61. Was blessed to get my 1st gobbler last Friday in Mississippi. Hunted with an experienced hunter who was patient and willing to show me the ropes. Hunted the first 2 days of opening week with a few gobblers making noise but didn't see any. Bad weather forced us into his blind Friday morning with rain, wind and 28 degrees. Three gobblers were approaching our hen decoys but hung up. He said better shoot now since they are looking to move away from us. Had to shoot thru a finger of brush but was fortunate to get a kill shot despite the shakes! He fired right after me and we pulled off a double.
Can't emphasize enough how valuable it is for all of us to share our hunting knowledge, skills and experience to help others, no matter what the age.

1679329515272.jpeg

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Nice

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Congrats , I bet you are wondering what took you so long to get started ! Hope you have many more opportunities

Hawken2222

Congrats

fullstrut

Never to late to get started. Congrats to you and your Mentor. Great Pic as well

tr21

your hooked now, it's a obsession that will drive ya crazy fo sure !!!! o_O o_O

Swamprat

Swamprat
Congrats

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
That first bird will always be special. Congratulations

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Nice birds man!

wvdawg

Staff member
Mighty fine!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! Hot digity! Man that’s so awesome! Congrats and putting in the hunts to get it done must have made closing the deal so sweet! That was a nice ride so thanks for taking us with you! I’ve been chasing and coming close…..this is the year for me to get my first bird too!