2010 5.3L Chevy Silverado Oil Leak

winchester1970

I've been driving GM products for the past 20 years and have never had to ad oil between changes.I do not have any serious complaints at all, hope I do not regret this in the morning. Currently driving a 2009 GMC Sierra SLT and a 2008 Corvette and still have no complaints, love both vehicles. If I ever needed any recall issue or oddball problem taken care of the Hendrick dealership in Gwinnett County has handled it very well. Been using some of the same same folks since it was Timmers Chevorlet off of Beaver Ruin. Give them a shot and ask for Ralph Christoper or Kevin Welborn. Hope they can get any problems you have taken care of.

Johnny Reb

Taking mine to the dealership tomorrow. Called today and went over the excessive oil use issue in my '07 5.3L with them and they said a new TSB came out with a fix that involved modifying the AFM (Active Fuel Management) System. Its still under warranty so hopefully they can fix it. Will keep you all posted how it turns out.

fatboy84

Taking mine to the dealership tomorrow. Called today and went over the excessive oil use issue in my '07 5.3L with them and they said a new TSB came out with a fix that involved modifying the AFM (Active Fuel Management) System. Its still under warranty so hopefully they can fix it. Will keep you all posted how it turns out.

Did they give you the TSB number? I would like to print it out and take in with mine.

sbfowler

I started this thread and am sad to report that the same area is wet and leaking again. Had it on the dealer's rack today to confirm. Will schedule an appointment to have them open it back up to see what's going on this time...

Craig Knight

My 09 was using about a quart every 1000 miles , did the dealers oil consumption tests for 3000 miles and they replaced it with a new engine. No more oil useage. Was told by 2 of their mechanics the were having trouble with the 5.3 engines in certain years but they did right by me and I have no complaints.

T.P.

Banned
I put 15 quarts in and take 15 quarts out 10,000 miles later. Been that way for 190K, I've never had any oil leak issues. Yay, Ford.:p

Latest posts