2017 Official Auburn Football Thread

weagle

I'm not sure I've ever seen a team make as much improvement in 5 weeks as this year's Tigers have. I was on pins and needles against Bama, but we never took our foot off the gas on offense and the defense was swarming. There were some huge 1 on 1 open field tackles that stopped bama on 3rd and 4th downs.

Awesome game.

I hope our running backs heal up quick and are ready to go in Atlanta.

WDE!

BOWROD

tigers

Soooo,,,,sick of these same games ,,,,jump out to a big lead ,,get the big head and Lay down ,,,, pitiful offensive game plan after the first quarter,,,,,Zero short passes ,,they have the mindset of all or nothing ,,,they got 3 more loses coming ,,and that's good enough for malzahn ,,,as long as he gets 7-8 wins he's happy ,,,IM NOT !!!!!! ,,, Personally I'm ready to see the Gus bus and his 5 offensive plays on a wrecker headed out of town !!!

Need some gravy for my Crow I'm eating !!!! But I'm still not a Gus fan ,,,I would rather have the DC as head coach myself ,,, there playing great Team ball these last few weeks ,,,good to see ,, already exceeded my expectations for 2017 ...wareagle ..

LanierSpots

Need some gravy for my Crow I'm eating !!!! But I'm still not a Gus fan ,,,I would rather have the DC as head coach myself

Thats the craziest thing I have ever seen. You cant be serious. Gus is doing fantastic and I am not sure how long you have been a Auburn fan but he is one of the most successful coaches in our history already considering his short time. If we win the game Saturday, thats 3 SEC Championships he will have been responsible for in 8 years.

The Stadium was off the hook again Saturday night and through Sunday morning. I know this.

Big game this week. If we can get by Georgia, I feel more confident that this team can win out with some rest for our injured running backs. Could even get Pettway back.

Beating UGA again will not be easy but if we can win up front, we can win the game. Stop the UGA running attack and go to the playoffs

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Beating UGA again will not be easy but if we can win up front, we can win the game. Stop the UGA running attack and go to the playoffs

Don't tell anybody I said this but I'm pretty sure y'all will win. You curb stomped us and Bama.

deerbuster

Don't tell anybody I said this but I'm pretty sure y'all will win. You curb stomped us and Bama.

Elfiii, I’m glad you’ve got some confidence in us. Seems like everyone I talk to on campus is iffy about this weekend (I’m a student). Should be interesting!

weagle

I'm not sure what flipped Stidham's switch, but his strong running performance was a game changer. It seems to me that he has become comfortable running the offense and not only the play calling, but his on field decisions are outstanding.

Even the trick plays, that I hate, are well thought out and executed at the right time.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
weagle, you guys have a great team, that you have the right to be proud of. I think you guys will win the NC, and I just hope yall get a chance to get revenge against Clempsun. WDE.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Elfiii, I’m glad you’ve got some confidence in us. Seems like everyone I talk to on campus is iffy about this weekend (I’m a student). Should be interesting!

The AU/UGA game is a toss up almost every year. Stats, records, etc, - throw 'em out the window. This game is what SEC football is all about.

The way y'all curb stomped us and Bama I just don't see y'all losing to us. The Gus Bus is on a roll.

weagle

The AU/UGA game is a toss up almost every year. Stats, records, etc, - throw 'em out the window. This game is what SEC football is all about.

The way y'all curb stomped us and Bama I just don't see y'all losing to us. The Gus Bus is on a roll.

Thanks. This team is the poster child for not giving up and continuing to pursue your goals. I have to give credit to the coaching staff for not panicking and taking every week as an opportunity to improve.

My biggest concern right now is Kerryon's shoulder. He's a tough runner and the combination of strong legs and weak shoulder is a turnover nightmare. If he can handle the ball, I feel good about the rematch.

Auburn is the favorite by a field goal, but I would say this game is about as even as they get. Turnovers and special teams usually decides the game with 2 excellent, evenly matched teams.

deerbuster

Well gentlemen it’s hard to win when we are playing on our heels after the first drive. We got dominated on both sides of the ball tonight. Interested to see if KJ and Pettway stay to finish their senior seasons, I surely hope so.

Any opinions on what Gus is going to do? I hear Arkansas will be offering him a pretty big deal.

weagle

Gus would be crazy not to give the Arkansas offer a hard look. It is his home state and he could have a long successful career there. Championships would be tough though. I wouldn't be inclined to match the deal if I was auburn. There are some things I like about Gus but auburn doesn't get married to one coach. Every coach since barfield has been successful. Next year's team should be awesome. That's a huge incentive to stay.

deerbuster

Gus would be crazy not to give the Arkansas offer a hard look. It is his home state and he could have a long successful career there. Championships would be tough though. I wouldn't be inclined to match the deal if I was auburn. There are some things I like about Gus but auburn doesn't get married to one coach. Every coach since barfield has been successful. Next year's team should be awesome. That's a huge incentive to stay.

I agree with you, I've seen a number like $7.1 million/year from Arkansas. It'd be hard to pass but also hard to leave when you've got so much young talent coming back next year.

The matchup against UCF on Jan 1 should be interesting. I know they haven't played an SEC caliber team this year BUT we are banged up. Hopefully our guys can heal up and be 100% by then.

weagle

I think by Jan 1 we will be 100% recovered as far as injuries. I honestly believe we could beat any team in the country when we are healthy.

deerbuster

I think by Jan 1 we will be 100% recovered as far as injuries. I honestly believe we could beat any team in the country when we are healthy.

No doubt, we have shown it twice this year already. I wonder if Pettway will play?

Chris 195 7/8 B&C

Yep!
Sure does sux. Going into this SECCG Felt like going to play in the Masters at Augusta National without your putter in the bag.