2019 Annual GON Dinner / West Central Illinois

Jim Boyd

Hey Folks!

It is almost time...

November... sweet November will be here before we know it.

We have historically had 8-12 folks show up for this dinner and hope everyone who will be in the area will come join us.

Saturday, 2 November in Rushville.

Deb and Di’s is closed and we will meet at the new Rocket Cafe, which is only about 200 yards from D&D.

Time will be about 630 or so.

Once we know about how many are coming, I will call and get us a table set up.

There have been some excellent trail cam pics and scouting reports so far, let’s make 2019 awesome!

Many thanks for reading...

flatsmaster

Jim your the man so I'd like to visit but hopefully my son or daughter have a biggin hanging ... if not I will try to be there but with just climbing down and getting 4 others situated and the drive 6:30 is tough !!! As always if u need any help tracking or dragging shoot me a text ... I'm so ready to climb 20 and eat pound cake ... good luck

Jim Boyd

I will try to be there but with just climbing down and getting 4 others situated and the drive 6:30 is tough !!!

The time is entirely negotiable, brother Chuck!

Josh B

I'll be up there and would love to meet some of you guy's in person. What time will sunset be? I'm just not sure about hunting the evening and trying to rush a county over.

davidhelmly

I'll be up there and would love to meet some of you guy's in person. What time will sunset be? I'm just not sure about hunting the evening and trying to rush a county over.

Josh that is the day before time change and it looks like sunset is at 5:58 so 6:30 may be tough.

Jim Boyd

David pointed out that time changes that weekend.

Let’s do the time this way: let’s be there when we get down from the deer stands that day!!

livetohunt

Jim what’s up with Deb&Di’s?

Jim may have more info, but I believe the Mexican restaurant is moving into that building..Another restaurant similar to deb ans di's moved into the building across the street, and I'm sure that didn't help deb and di's either.

Jim Boyd

Jim what’s up with Deb&Di’s?

Dave is correct.

The Mexican place will move into the D&D building.

My landowners neighbor is a builder and added an addition on to the north side of the building.

Rocket Cafe is now diagonally across the road and we ate there a few times. It is pretty good.

We did not lose a place to eat but Rocket will fill the void left by the departure of D&D.

Man, November is fast upon us. Everyone I know is getting stoked - I ran a trail camera on video over the summer and watching some of those bucks walking around really elicits a different feeling than just seeing a photo.

Best of luck to all hunters, regardless of state!