2024 cicada mega hatch Invasion thread

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I've heard a few here at home. Heard none camping outside of Blairsville this weekend. They are loud at niece's in Madison.

Hoss

Since the cicadas showed up, nothing has been hitting the bird feeders, not even the squirrels. You see em jumping around in the trees after the cicadas but not on the ground. Heck even our little miniature dachshund is filling up on em. It’s hard to get him to come back in from outside, he’s too busy hunting em.

DSGB

They are in full force in northeast Columbus near Midland. I took this video while walking the dog Saturday morning before they really got going good. The heat of the day is the loudest. Been seeing them dead the last few days, but a lot are flying into trees to lay eggs. The Mississippi Kites have really been after them.

GeorgiaGlockMan

West Lincoln County.

They been out of the ground for the last week and a half.

There is alot of them now.

All the trees have hundreds in each.

I been swatting them out of the air like David Carradine in Kung FU.

Eta - they are so loud in the distance it sounds like sirens going off everywhere.

Shotgun1

They are wide open in Lower Jasper county today. Saw a couple of vines in trees that were loaded with the shells. I assume this would be close to where they,them,those came ,comed, emerged,dug their way out of wherever they have been. Hope I,We,Us haven't offended, upset,POed or otherwise irritated the Pronoun POPO.

ClemsonRangers

They are in full force in northeast Columbus near Midland. I took this video while walking the dog Saturday morning before they really got going good. The heat of the day is the loudest. Been seeing them dead the last few days, but a lot are flying into trees to lay eggs. The Mississippi Kites have really been after them.

good looking woods!

leroy

SarahFair

I remember back in the mid to late 90s in Lawrenceville a massive brood hatched.
I had no idea what they were, but the shells they left behind on the 3 pine trees in my front yard was covered so thick you couldn't see the bark.
Scared me to death as a child :bounce:

I haven't see them like that since.

SarahFair

I'm in Morgan county right now and Im hearing what yall posed in the videos